Monday, March 19, 2012

Rory March 19

3-19-2012 – (Monday) – Rory

Well, after our 3am adventure, the rest of the night was pretty uneventful. I did set the heart monitor off one more time just by rolling over. I think that little nurse was probably glad to go home last night so she didn't have to keep worrying about me…

 

This morning has been pretty quiet. Just routine stuff – vitals, meds, breakfast, etc. Nurse D is being awesome at fielding all of my questions for whoever on call Dr is. Really hoping we might get answers sooner vs later…but it is already 1130am…and no Dr to be seen yet.

 

This morning I am feeling SOOO much better than yesterday. I think I am kind of getting stir crazy though. I have been receiving the most amazing care, and with all the things that have happened with me, it has been good that I have been here vs home. If there were still not so many unanswered questions I would be ready to roll right now.

 

Nurse D has gone over all the tests with me this morning. They all give a shining report of health, except for one small thing – my heart rate skyrocketing way outside normal parameters with no consistency. Tests have shown nothing, but it leaves us with still a pretty major issue and still no cause or answers or suggestions yet.

 

Another concern still not resolved is the whole thing with the 1st room I was in now being under quarantine and whether I have been exposed to something else extra nasty. Nurse D said results for the disease test they sent out still have not come back. I again asked her about it being something not only dangerous for me, but something I might take home with me, I think that is what worries me most. She was only able to share a little bit with me, but hopefully Dr can answer things in more detail soon.

 

The last issue is when they cut me loose (99.9% sure today) where will I go home to? My immune system hit rock bottom this weekend. Even though my white count is improving, exposing me to germs means I have a greater chance of getting in more trouble. Kiddos are still very sick at our house. Dr Shawn office said that it would be extra important to keep me and Kelsianne separated especially since she is still struggling with fever and nasty cough. I have been away for 4 days now, anyone can guess how very difficult that is going to be. So the conversation between me and Nurse D is where do I go? What can I do? I am hoping that when finally see attending doctor today that he will be able to give some more input and maybe that we can even be in touch with Dr McGregor and get her input on where I am and what needs to happen, esp knowing surgery is scheduled in just 2 weeks….Stay tuned….

No comments: