Saturday, March 17, 2012

120317 #3

Can today be over please?

Well first thing is to happily report that Kaeli, Caiden and Colton all passed their belt testing and are now PURPLE belts. Yay!

While they were gone I was able to power through laundry and dishes, so that was good at least. I also got our carpet cleaner put together (that we bought a couple of months ago, but with my work schedule I never had the time to put it together and use it) and worked over the boys' room and upstairs hallway. It's definitely not as good as the Carpet Hero would have done, but it's better than nothing for right now.

Kylan could not hold ANYTHING down all day; he'd come get a sip of water and be throwing it back up before he could get to the couch. Half hour later we'd try a sip of Gatorade with the same result. Chewable Tylenol? Nope. Apple juice? Uh uh. Eventually we found he seemed to tolerate a sip or two of water, but then anything else would cause the heaves to return. Probably going to keep pushing water on him through the night and hope to avoid dehydration. (Waiting for the on-call pediatrician to call back, and likely will get that same advice.)

Ceana's stomach hasn't cooperated either, although she hasn't had vomiting issues yet. She has moved on to rice and toast so that's a good sign. She didn't get to do her testing though, bummer.

The three testers went with a family to the ward potluck, but it wasn't too much longer before I got the call from Kaeli to let me know Colton was sick. Had to drag Ceana out of bed to be with the little ones while I drove up and retrieved the partyers. And not too much after that before Colton puked ALL OVER THE FLOOR, RIGHT NEXT TO THE PUKE BUCKET. Inches away. Grrr ... That set Ceana running for her room for the night. Half hour later we got the same thing: a mess NEXT TO the puke bucket. Not sure why that's such a big deal for him. I feel bad for him though, he was feeling so good all day and did so many fun things, but has ended up sick like the others.

Finally got a call through to Rory in between the clean-ups. Sounds like the medical team are more and more convinced of the esophagus ulcers. They have a scope scheduled to go in a take a look, but tonight they are going to try a couple more medications and if she response positively to those then they will cancel the scope and feel they have confirmed the diagnosis. At that point she'd be able to come home with the new meds. I'm thinking it was probably a GOOD thing she wasn't here all day though, with this bug going through the family and her at the lowest white cell count part of the chemo recovery. It would have been nice to have her home, but probably best for her health to have been quarantined somewhere else.

Since Kylan's not held anything down for 24 hours now I have a call in to the on-call pediatrician to verify what to do. Hoping we can get some water to stay down, and that I won't have to make ANOTHER trip to the hospital tonight. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the Doc wants. 

More updates tomorrow I'm sure ...

No comments: