These images were taken at about 1030PM the same day. During the day, for the most part, the ground stayed warm enough to not have the snow stick for long or at all. By late afternoon, though, it started sticking and the snow came down heavier. The branches on the neighbor's tree were bent so much we thought for sure they would break right off.
I took this pict from our upstairs playroom window. The snow was SO heavy and the flakes were HUGE as you can kind of see here. You could find and follow the monster flakes all the way to the ground or wherever they landed. It was totally crazy. I dont think I remember flakes that big even all the years we lived in Utah. It was really something to just sit there in the window and watch the snow and see how beautiful everything looked. As I was sitting in the window my neighbor came out on her porch. We both laughed and remembered that this was exactly how we met when they moved in - I was taking picts of the snow after that HUGE storm we had a few years ago and we talked back and forth across the street during the storm. We both stayed out and watched the snow and talked for more than 1/2 hour. Neither of us could believe what the weather was doing again. We finally both got cold and headed inside. It is a fun memory.
The images from here on are taken 1030AM on March 22. Thought for sure when I went out that I would find broken branches and devastated blossoms, boy was I surprised that neither had happened! Lucky me to be able to get out there and try out my Christmas surprise finally - my new macro lens. Going to have TONS of fun with it as I learn to use it better. I think some of these turned out pretty well for just playing with it...
My FAVE image. Would have gotten more if the wind hadnt been blowing so much. I would just get something into focus and have the wind blow and move the branch which would blow off the water droplets....Will just keep trying!
Love this one too. The morning was VERY foggy and the sun was still low enough it was right behind a line of trees behind the fog. Made for perfect sillouettes.
Just an FYI, a measurement in the AM showed 3"+. I can imagine it would have been TONS more if the snow the day before had actually stuck to the ground. It was amazing to watch it snow for 24 hours and stick and then watch it all melt and disappear in less than 12 hours the next day. Crazy weather. Hoping that we will see the warm weather of Spring arrive soon!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment