Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chemo #8 - LAST ONE (Update #4)

Saturday night I slept off and on from 1am-ish. Preston stayed with me and cared for everything I needed, which has turned into round the clock care...
 
By Sunday AM when we needed to head back to the hospital I was much worse. Pain had come on in "hot spots" and my right arm was completely useless (severe neuropathy), When we got to the hospital, Preston had to get a wheelchair for me.
 
Paula was not happy to see that I had deteriorated so much since we had just been there. It took both her and Preston to get me settled into a chair. Paula had Preston help with stabalizing me for several tests and she ran more to check all my stats. She also ended up calling Dr Kenyon to come down to see me. She got extra meds and fluids running and kept making sure I got broth into me too.
 
I was mostly out of it, and I remember hearing everyone talking about me, though I was not quite aware of everything. The one thing they were discussing was admitting me and not letting me go back home. Paula knew that I was going to need round the clock care, and I knew I was beyond where the girls could help with that. While Paula and Dr Kenyon talked, I seem to remember chatting with Preston about me being too sick for the girls to care for, but maybe he could work from home....That conversation was the only reason I was allowed to go home. Preston was able to reassure Paula and Dr Kenyon that he would be at home with me non-stop and that he would be sure that I got all of the care I needed, hoping that we could do enough at home to not have to return on Monday to the hospital, or have to stay...
 
I was still not very stable when we left the hospital, but Paula let us go ahead and come home. Preston did everything for me that I needed, making sure every little need was taken care of. He was so gentle and tender, so very patient. I spent the rest of the evening/night mostly unconscious with meds every 3 hrs.

No comments: