Saturday, March 3, 2012

John Baptism

OK, so did an experiment posting images...which didnt work...hoping this will re-post with comments and images...
I havent been able to blog much at all this last month, and didnt get to the extra awesome stuff that started off our month. Hopefully will add more posts to catch everyone up.
The 1st weekend of Feb was PACKED with big Baxter family events. One of which, of course, was John's long awaited baptism. He has had to wait a whole year for this wonderful day. Then his special day got broken into 3 separate sundays plus....
(Baptism, #2 sunday confirmation/received aaronic priesthood, #3 sunday blessed sacrament 1st time, gave 1st sacrament meeting talk, got assigned as HT and went on visits, #4 sunday went with Bishop to take sacrament to sis in hospital, #5 sunday got set apart as 1st assistant for Bishop, helped take sacrament to me and sis in hospital) Heavenly Father has great plans for this young man!

I had to post this 1st image because it is my FAVE. Ended up with the secondary image in the glass. Didnt even see it until I was editing the images. I LOVE it because it really shows the truth - our mortal body on one side, prayerful and hoping, and our spirit on the other side also prayerful and extra excited that the wait is finally over.
I was able to get this quick pict of Ceana when she was practicing her musical number for the baptism program. I had never heard her sing it because she was always practicing away from home. When we finally heard her sing it that morning for the program, I would be surprised if there was a dry eye in the whole place. I was bawling, and so was John, and so were alot of others I noticed. She did an amazing job and it really helped continue the tone of the whole morning.
This is a pict of John with Elders Tilley & Clark. John was Elder T's first baptism, I am not sure who was more excited about that, John or Elder T :)
John had asked for a special open house setting for after the baptism. He was hoping it would make non-member visitors feel more welcome. We were so thankful to the RS for making/donating all of the cupcakes and punch for the morning. We were also thankful to Preston's family and sis-in-laws for cranking out some serious energy to get the gym all ready for guests. It was amazing. 
This is a pict of John with all of the elders who have been helping and who were there for the baptism. There are 3 elders missing from this image because they had been transferred in just the few weeks before the baptism. We missed having them with us, but know that they were thinking of us and sharing in the joy of this extra special day. The Elders have been a wonderful part of all of our lives this last year, we have been blessed to have them be such a wonderful support and example to John, and to us.

2 comments:

Jill Tharp said...

love love love the first pic!!

humming fun said...

Happy news for your family.