My Expressions of Emotions 9/09:
I have been asked to make a personal list of the people who are closest to me, to write down as many emotion words as I can. Not words that describe traits or personalities, or what I think, but what I FEEL. I am hoping I will be able to come up with the right words to express my thoughts and my feelings. This section may be a work in progress, so there may be changes and updates after this initial post.
PRESTON - deep emotion beyond words, butterflies in my stomach, safety, completeness, rapture, bliss,
CEANA- comfort, blessed, sensitive
KAELI- comfort, blessed, gladness, attentive
CAIDEN- anxious, impish,
COLTON- sweet, defeated, hysterical, frustrated
KY- delight, animated,
KELSIANNE- joy,
CHRISTY- one-ness, connected, kindred spirit
MARTHA- deep gratitude, warm hearted,
WENDY- warmth, well-being, serenity, harmony, empowered
SHAR- affection
JULIE H - strenthened,
September 2009:
Martha for being so kind and thoughtful in filling an unspoken need. She surprised me the morning of RS conference with a dress, so I would feel comfortable for conference and for when I am ready to return to regular meetings. Her generosity touches my heart more than I can ever say.
Ceana for giving me a "yay!" and clapping and hopping up and down when we arrived home from RS conference. "you did it!" - her sweet, energetic way to tell me things were ok and that she was proud of me for getting through such a difficult experience. What would I ever do without her, she is part of my cheering section.
My husband for being willing to help kiddos with school work that I have not been able to help with or have been stuck on with them. He is also willing to work on house jobs that I havent been able to get to, or just dont like to do
Friends who are willing to bring meals in, even though I didnt think we needed them, only to find out that we really did. Also that they stay to really ask and wait for an answer about how we are doing, and giving hugs before leaving
Kaeli for doing little things around the house without being asked, just to help
Martha for being willing to drive seminary carpool for me at a way-too-early-in-the-morning time to make sure big girls got to enjoy their first Seminary Boyack Breakfast. For making us WAY yummy cinnamon rolls. For being willing to drive carpool again just to make sure that Preston can be home to care for me.
My girls for being in charge of everyone while Preston & I were at the hospital. Esp Kaeli for being so attentive to me since being home, and working so hard at school. Esp Ceana for taking on childcare and school today and handling them both so well.
Preston for being willing to go through all of this surgery stuff with me - again. For being willing to help kiddos with school every day, but esp this weekend
Caring nurses and staff at the hospital that did their best to calm my fears and take such good care of me.
August 2009:
Preston for being mostly patient with me in helping me learn the the new technology required to help the kids with ORCA and for being willing to be in contact with new instructors about classes, concerns and scheduling even while he is far away.
Ceana & Kaeli for being willing to help their brothers with new classes and give time and patience to help them learn and have fun doing it
Friends who are still willing to help with favors asked, even though they have only been home from vacation for a couple of days
ORCA kindergarten instructor who makes personal return phone calls to give encouragement and assistance, and reminders to "just breathe and have fun"
ORCA instructors who are kind, patient, helpful, understanding and find humor in all of our challenges and frustrations
Wendy - she is my constant angel, just dont know what I would ever do without her
John & Aaron - giving me a blessing at the last minute to help with many current concerns, including a dumb kidney stone
Adam (neighbor across the street) - who was totally willing to help us "break into our own house" when our main way in (through the garage) decided to die and leave us locked out
Sheri (neighbor across the street) - who brought me a beautiful bouquet of Dalia's just because, and to give me something fun to photograph (we both share a love of photographing nature)
Jeffries Family - who came "en masse" bringing with them monster tools to help rescue a dog who got himself stuck under the deck. Who gave love and support, and found humor in a ridiculous situation. For always being willing to help our family, no matter what we may need. Who laugh and cry with us and never stop loving us
Ceana - who has been willing and able to help with kiddos, dogs, meals, the house, and whatever is needed - even when the schedule changes and she needs to babysit longer than expected because my appts go long or because I am not feeling well enough to help as much as I would like. She is patient and quietly serves with all her heart.