Sunday, October 19, 2008

IMA TOTAL ODD & UNUSUAL SLACKER

Ok, so we all know that when life gets totally nuts I usually become an even bigger slacker than normal....
I was looking at my friend Julie's blog and saw that she had been "tagged" - it is a fun game that she does where if you are "it" you have to share 7 unusual & odd things about yourself. Here is the cute info card she includes on her blog:

Last month she tagged me, and with our bezerk schedule and getting ready to go to SLC, I completely forgot. Her tag posts are always so creative and she even includes pictures. I am not nearly as fabulous at this stuff as she is, and I havent figured out how to add other stuff besides my own picts - so here is my list of unusual and odd things without all the frills - Jules, hope this is ok - thanx for tagging me and letting me know you are thinking about me! I added a bonus odd thing just to make up for being such a slacker from last month!

1) I have 2 unusual scars - one on my right wrist and the other under my chin. I gained both of these lovely beauty marks when I was young. When I was growing up I was raised in my great-grandmother's house. She had an old wooden paper box nailed outside the front door - just above that was a metal rectangular mail box. I would climb onto the paper box to retrieve the mail. One day the box nails came loose - my chin hit the metal mailbox and gashed open while I caught my wrist on one of the protruding nails on my way to the ground. Not a lovely sight at the time but it makes for a good story now.

2) I hate riding bikes. I didnt get my first bike until I was 10-12 years old. The first time I rode it I almost killed myself and did in the bike. It was a hate-hate relationship from then on. I have never been one for learning balance - for me keeping both feet on the ground can give me grief - putting my posterior on a scrawny, rock hard seat while trying to pedal, steer and pay attention and then try to stop before I crash into something is not my idea of a good time. I will keep my feet on the ground or in the water where they belong.

3) I have a "stress finger". Whenever I get really over anxious or stressed I get tiny little blisters on my right ring finger. Those itch like there is no tomorrow and I usually scratch it so bad my finger is just mangled. It is only that finger - which really is the odd thing

4) I am ALWAYS cold. I usually wear lots of layers of clothes day & night. I keep the heaters blazing in the house all day just to get comfortable (only to have everyone come home and turn on the A/C because they think it is sweltering)

5) I will only eat Twinkies if they are frozen. Most of you probably are thinking "twinkies, gross!" It is the one childhood treat that I still love - I have outgrown just about all the treats I loved as a kid. But I will only eat them if they are frozen. That is just weird.

6) I sneeze like the Big Bad Wolf. I also sneeze at least 10 times in a row. I have a friend that has these cute little petite sneezes. When I sneeze it is huge and loud, and I cant stop them once they start. It can be funny and embarrassing. I usually end up going through a whole box of kleenex and the funny thing is that I usually react to the lint in the tissues which keeps me sneezing instead of helping the sneezes to stop.

7) I dont like getting my face wet. You know when you learn to swim that you learn to put your face under the water - nope, not me. I was thrown into a pool when I was young and put through a crash course to learn how to swim. Although I do love swimming, I dont ever put my face under the water. I dont even let the water get on my face in the shower!

8) I love white noise. For those of you who are not familiar with this term - it is the term given to all those background noises in our lives - rain on the window, the sound of ocean waves hitting the shoreline, fire crackling in the fireplace, the waterfall in the fishtank, the dryer, the vacuum cleaner, the floor or ceiling fan. I have been a pretty stressed person most of my life - some people would say that I still am - I also dont sleep, or sleep very little. White noise has really become my friend and I find it to be very soothing to block out all the other noise in my life (screaming 2 year old, screaming 5 year old, car music CD played for the 10 millionth time, etc) It is nice to know I can just turn on one of these and at least find some peace and relaxation even for a little bit. It has helped me a ton to just be able to keep on keeping on some days. One of those things most people never notice probably and it is something that has really become a huge help to me and something I notice everywhere I go now.

These are the things I can think of for now. Hope you have had fun learning something new about me. I would love to learn something new about you guys too! Feel free to participate or not, I know everyone's life is as crazy as mine is these days! So for this go around I am going to tag:

denise, kymberly, amanda, kenna, dawn, preston, jaclyn

No comments: