A couple of month's ago my sis-in-law was visiting us in Oregon and happened to mention to my girls that she thought Oregon drivers drive as slow as molasses. After driving around Utah for the last week I can see why she would think that....
Our little podunk city with 1 signal light, 20 mph zones and 2 lane highways are nothing compared to here in Utah where 2 lanes turn into 6 without any warning, people drive 75-80 mph, and people run red lights ALL the time! It is really bezerk.
I think I have counted at least 2 dozen cars running red lights - after it was completely red - in the last week!
I am not going to miss all the crazy people and the traffic when we return home next week. I guess I have just grown used to our quiet, small town ways. I know if I lived here and was in the middle of all the traffic and craziness I wouldnt know any differently and wouldnt mind it all. I guess I really have turned into the "country mouse" after all this time - and that is not such a bad thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment