Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

"I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside, I have the month of May."

This song kind of applies to yesterday. I have been having such a hard time with the weather. The gray skies, rain, wind, COLD, it is all just really getting to me. It has been such a long winter, and filled with so much that has overwhelmed me. I am not sure how long I am going to hang on without the weather bringing sun and warmth soon...

A heartfelt prayer for sunshine resulted in about a warm, 5 minute window of sun with no wind. It wasnt much, but it helped me not feel so sad and so overwhelmed. It helped me feel not so alone....and least for those few minutes...

Another bit of sunshine yesterday was getting to take picts of this little cutie again. I did maternity picts for his mom before he arrived, and then she ordered a special package that will give me the fun of taking picts of him from now until December. The other thing that lightens my heart is that even with all of the changes coming with photography in my life, J still believes in me, still loves my work. Still is planning to have me come and do shoots, has even asked me to do picts outside of the package. She will never know how much these things mean to me. To have someone outside of my immediate circles really believe in me, to love my work as much as I do. It has been fun with 3 separate shoots now that we have ended up choosing the same favorite images. It always makes me extra excited when that happens, but that it continues to happen tells me that we are creating wonderful things together, that I am being given extra help to make each shoot be something wow for both of us. I am so grateful to J and for the joy that comes from capturing special moments with her and her sweet family. I am also grateful to Heavenly Father for the help He continues to give and for sending me special people as wonderful as the B family.
J had this darling hat for Mister A. It was so adorable neither of us could stand it. She has more hats in the wings, waiting for future shoots too. Can't wait for all the fun!
He has the most striking big, dark eyes - just like his dad. When we got warmed up, he just stared at me and gave me great opportunity to capture them. He is going to be a heartbreaker when he is older.

I dont know what it is about this image - it just really draws all of my attention. I see in it things I could have done different, and even still, I just love it. I might be the only one sometimes to totally love an image, just for way it moves me, even if no one else likes it. It is the art of the field I guess - just loving something because it just is and for no other reason...

Little toes are always fun to capture...

No comments: