Colton is really learning alot. The exercises done in class are teaching him balance and coordination. The discipline is teaching him respect, courtesy, and many other things. We are already seeing the positive benefits at home from the things he is learning from his instructors.
You may notice there are no picts of Caiden or Kaeli. Miss Kaeli specifically asked for me to NOT post any picts of her. She is doing really great in class and gaining more confidence in many areas. Caiden has been out sick all week. Hoping to have picts to post of him next week when he is better and back in class.
There also arent any picts of me...still trying to decide if I am going to let Kaeli take some....It has been really fun for me to attend class too. I never knew I was so uncoordinated :)
It is really hard sometimes to make my brain and body do so many things at once. I am working hard though, and apparently getting exercise enough to sweat even. I have met another mom who also takes classes with her kids, and has special needs boys too. We have shared concerns and a little background with each other. She is a great gal and a great role model for me. Her little family has been taking classes for quite awhile already, and she said it has made all the difference in the world to her and her kids. It was great today to share in a huge triumph for one of her sons. I could totally relate to the story behind the success, I know how hard those are to acheive with special needs, and she has even more than we do. It truly is cause for celebration when they happen. Class was the perfect place for him to be rewarded so fully. I am hoping we will get to know them lots better, and it has just given us one more reason to look forward to going to classes.
2 comments:
YAY for positive reinforcement. What a wonderful activity for you all!
Oh no... by the time I come back you'll all be able to take me down! So much for the ninja attack surprise...
Post a Comment