Monday, March 7, 2011

Rory Medical Update

Just a quick update about my dr appt today.

My lab results came back and my dr said they are "outstanding!" Better than we could have hoped for. Also a huge relief knowing how hard the infusion treatments were. He is dropping me back to supplements every other day.

I had a monster set of -xrays done today. Both my dr and PT specialist are very concerned about amount of pain I am in and that PT has not shown the results they want. I was really hurting today during the x-rays, and I am hoping extra hard that something will show up that we can work with. We should have reports back sometime this week.

I have also been to see my sleep specialist again. He is very concerned that my sleep apnea is worsening. That is an extra challenge for me because I cant use a CPAP machine. We talked about lots of options and I was sent home with a Plan A, B & C to try over the next 3 months. Will be ordering some new sleep aids, and still trying to go the non-meds route for as long as we can.
Hoping we will find something that works there too. It has been pretty scary waking up sometimes, and sleeping with the intense nightmares.

Guess that is all for now. Will post again when I have reports back again.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

I'm sorry. I hope A,B, or C works. Glad that the terrible infusion stuff has worked! YAY for little steps in the right direction.