What do you get when you cross a 4yr old jumping off the bed, and the floor coming up to meet him?
You get a little boy coming down the stairs screaming his head off, blood gushing from his mouth, a 3/4" gash in his tongue (where both top teeth almost went through), and a phone call to the on-call nurse hotline center after taking 20+min to get the bleeding to stop.
Thankfully, where he bit down is in the middle vs the end of his tongue. Unfortunately, he will have a nasty gash for quite awhile and probably a lovely little scar. Other than the initial trauma, he seems to be taking things quite well. The rest of us are pretty grossed out at the gash...
We have had yet ANOTHER talk about not jumping off things. Unfortunately, it didnt seem to sink in since a short time after this happened Ceana caught him attempting to jump from the wood stove to the short couch in the library...and Kaeli caught him jumping off the top of the couch in the TV room....
He has split his lip open and bit his tongue enough times you would think the lesson would be learned by now....what is up with little boy genes?
3 comments:
BOO...I am glad it was not worse though.
My word; what a crazy little dude!
Ahh...boys. What else need be said. I'm so sorry that happened. I hope it heals soon. I guess salty things are out of the question for the time being, huh?
Post a Comment