This last week has been VERY hard, and filled with much difficulty and tears. In between the tears there have been angels nearby and small glimmers of light. I havent been able to always see them myself, so I am grateful to others who have helped me find them. I wanted to be sure to write them down so I would remember them on days that again may difficult in the future.
1) A loaf of warm, delicious, homemade bread brought "just because" from a sweet new friend
2) Soup & Stew - a blessing of a hot meal in the midst of our chaos
3) 4 hours of uninterrupted time with my husband
4) A daughter willing to babysit during those 4 hours
5) Finding humor in the unexpected (see another post about a recent event)
6) A husband who is kind, PATIENT, forgiving, and never gives up on me
7) A friend who I can sob hysterically in front of
8) A friend who also never gives up on me - esp/even when I am sobbing
9) A box of kleenex left on the floor in the library
10) the opportunity to visit with a far away friend
11) the opportunity to serve that far away friend through lots of baby things
12) Knowing that Ceana wont be flying (for the first time) alone after all
13) Being able to trust in priesthood blessings, esp when they are for the kiddos
14) Being able to let go, even if it is just a little bit, as my daughter leaves for 9 straight weeks
15) Leftovers from wonderful meals that good friends have brought to us in the last couple of weeks
16) Watching the breeze blow the colorful, ruffled tablecloths at a wedding
17) Email & blogs (so we can keep in touch while ceana is gone)
18) A VERY patient, kind pediatrician who has also become a good friend
19) Homemade bracelets and cards from my daughter
20) Sweats & comfy clothes
21) Sunshine & blue skies
3 comments:
I love the list!
Wendy
Nice! I love that even (and especially) the simple things in life take on a different perspective when we look at life this way. So glad He's watching out for you!
It was great to see you too! Thanks for all your kindness to us.
that is a great list. Where is your daughter going for such a long time? We need to hang out for a game night this summer.
Post a Comment