Monday, June 22, 2009

YW GIRLS' CAMP - CEANA

Hey! Ceana here. So, girls camp. First, we met at the church to load up all of our stuff. it too 3 whole trucks to transport 9 girls and 3 leaders worth of stuff!

This is the name of the camp that we went to. It is a dedicated place. It is sacred, and it is very easy to feel the Spirit there. Our camp name this year was Camp V.I.R.T.U.E. "Valiant In Righteousness, True Unto Eternity".
This is our certification flag- we were the 3rd years. This was my 3rd year of Girls Camp already! Our color was blue, so we decided to show our spirit in interesting ways. This pic is kind of sideways, but it says "With a Valiant Heart, Nothing is Impossible". That was our camp motto, I guess you could say. We also had all of our girl put their name around the edge, and hand print on the front and back.


This is me and another girl that I met at camp. For flag one morning, in order to earn extra points, our leader decided that we could paint ourselves blue. Some girls had done all the way up their arms, and covered their face, neck, and hands! I just went with a simple one, but I was the only one who wore it on our hike. It was a lot of fun!


This is most of our certification group-go 3rd years!- and some of our SYLs. We just had a blast!


This is just one of the many fun things we did at camp. I decided to post about this one because it was one of the more exciting things we did for certification (I considered it part of certification). :) It was a wonderful experience! Can't wait for next year!
That was my first post! YAY!!!!!




3 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

Looks like so much fun and you did a great job with the post. We love Camp Alpine and I loved Girls Camp when I was a kid.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Great post, Ceana! Isn't Girls' Camp the BEST?! Looks like you had a blast! Q leaves at noon for hers. I remember going as a leader once when we lived there. Do you guys still camp as ward groups or as certification years?

Charisse Baxter said...

Fun post! I never went to a YW camp I didn't love - That "V.I.R.T.U.E." is very cool.