Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A FUNNY FIND

The other night Preston and I came home from an activity (about 10pm), hoping to find everyone in bed....except instead we found:

1) Ky face down, flopped across the couch in the TV room, totally zonked

2) Colton face up, flopped on the floor in the TV room, backwards from the TV, totally zonked

3) Kels WIDE AWAKE, sitting in her high chair, in front of the TV that was playing a movie intro over and over...

4) No big girls anywhere to be seen

This was very unexpected because I had already put Kels to bed before we had left and had tried to leave Kaeli in charge since the little boys were going to still be up for awhile (she & ceana both came home exhausted from YW camp - ceana fell asleep early in her room and never moved a muscle even when we checked on her, Kaeli was at least in the same room with the boys)

Preston started to gather up the boys to take them to bed, and I went hunting for the girls. I didnt realize I had walked right past Kaeli in the library until Preston found her there under a blanket.
I tried to wake her and ask her how Kels ended up in the TV room all alone, did she know that Kels was in the TV room all alone? Her half conscious reply was "Well, that shouldn't have happened." and then still more asleep than awake she wobbled her way up the stairs to her room.
Knowing that both the boys, and Kels, were none the worse for wear, I had to laugh at Kaeli's reply. Somewhere in her brain, even being mostly asleep, she knew that Kels needed help. It was funny enough to hear her reply and see her so asleep that I knew she wouldnt remember me talking to her or taking herself upstairs. (A Baxter family gene that all the kids seemed to have inheirited)
It was the little bit of humor I tried to find that prob kept me from crying or becoming too distressed at the "what if's"....all was well, and if there was humor too, that was ok

No comments: