Friday, June 26, 2009

SLC- DAY 4

Today was the big prep day, last minute things for the big yard sale tomorrow! We are going to get up at 5:30 (yes, I know what time it is right now, 10:16 MST) and start setting up tables. We (Gma and I) made chocolate chip cookies to sell tomorrow, and Aunt Brittney made peanut butter bars, and she brought them over too. We put them in little bags, and tied them with ribbon. Later that morning we went over to the church and got tables from the cultural hall, and dropped them off at one of Gma's neighbor's house. After we came back, I played on the Wii Fit for 45min. It was a lot of fun! At 3:30 Aunt Jaclyn picked me up to do some shopping! Yes, more shopping! We found some more cute stuff, including a new sunday church outfit for EFY. I will have to do a fashion show and show you some stuff, with my pics. It took us another good 3 hours! It was good time that I spent with her. Thanks Aunt Jaclyn! Afterwards, around 7, we met Uncle Bart for dinner at Bonsai restaurant. Its like Mongolian Grill, only with Japanese food. (No, I didn't get sushi) I got teryaki chicken. It also came with vegetables and fried rice! He cooked it all right in front of us. We were only a table width away, which is even closer than you get at Mongolian Grill. It was soooo stinkin' good! We stuffed ourselves, and it didn't even seem like we ate that much. Well, maybe we did. I don't know. ANYWAY, while the guy was cooking it, he was doing all kinds of tricks with his spatulas and knives. he was throwing them in the air, and lighting stuff on fire, it was just awesome. After he cooked our meat, he asked if we wanted to catch a piece of meat in our mouth. There were other people at our table as well, and they had apparently done it before, so they stepped right up and showed us how it was done. After that Bart and I did it with some chicken. I caught it on my first try! It was soooo good! Better than Mongolian Grill, I think.
While all this was happening we got a pretty awesome thunder and lighning storm. There was a lot of black clouds, and lightning too. We watched it while we ate, and we came out of the restaurant right as it was kind of stopping. I went in Bart's truck,(this one's for you JaNay) and there was this HUGE, I MEAN HUGE puddle, it went all the way across the parking lot, and I am sure it would have reached my ankles if I would have stood in it barefoot. W got in his truck, and held on as he "floored" that puddle, and we pretty washed the windshield of his truck. The water went up past his truck. We both just started laughing! It was sooo fun! Then we did it again, just cuz we could. It was amazing!
We came back to Gma ang Gpa's house, and when we got out of his truck, there was a huge, bright semicircle of a rainbow over the mountains. We stood there, and I got some pictures, but I couldn't get the whole thing because it was so big. But it was a triple rainbow. The bright one had another one right underneath it, and then another one above it, a little ways out. It was so beautiful. It made me think about home, and about how Heavenly Father is watching over us. :)
We then came in, and by that time, Neil and Brittney and Ben had come back to the house and we played Twos and Tens. It is a cool card game, and if you don't know how to play it, we will have to teach it to you. Bart ended up winning. Yay!
Well, that concludes my day. Still trying to get pics figured out, maybe tomorrow...
Hope you are all having a wonderful summer! I miss you!
Happy Sammich

3 comments:

Kari said...

Looks like it's time for you to get a blog of your own! :-)

Sounds like you are having fun. Keep it up, it is great being a kid, or teen, or whatever it is you call it these days!

Ceana said...

i try. i might someday.

Brionna Poppitz said...

5:30 is too early for me. I wouldn't be able to move. You should have gotten sushi! t'is yummy. have you ever had it before? I love Mongolian Grill. Good job on catching the food in your mouth! I love splashing through puddles! Sounds like you're having fun! Kari's right, you should have a blog of your own. It would be awesome!