Today we did only two major things: the yard sale and the show.
For the yard sale, we got up at 6am to start moving stuff to the place where we were having the garage sale. We didn't have it at Gma's house. So, we had 3 whole clothes racks, about a dozen garbage bags, and 4 tables of clothes. I mean, there was a lot! Tons and tons and tons! We had 2 tables of toys and things, some furniture, a handful of cabinets, and about a dozen tables of other things as well. I am not exactly sure on the rest, because I was helping with the clothes and treats. I helped by getting everything out of the bags, and putting them on tables and clothes racks. That took a long time, but it was fun to sort everything out. I found a BYU t-shirt (I finally have one!) that is a little bit big, but I think it will be awesome. Gma also gave me a nice dress shirt that will go good with jeans, or tans and browns. After I finally dinished all the clothes, I went over to help man the snacks table. We sold Brittney's peanut butter bars, our choc chip cookies, Cosco muffins, some other homemade muffins, Famous Amos cookies (those didn't sell well), soda, lemonade, and water. The Cosco muffins sold well. We sold them for a buck each! Just thought you would want to know...Anyway, the sale went from 9am-3pm. It was supposed to end at 1, but people kept trickling in. People also came around &am too. Wow! We were out there for a long time! Around 2:30, we had knocked all the prices down a bunch, and Brittney had to leave, so I got to be in charge of the cash box, and helping people buy stuff. I like doing that sort of thing.
All of this was to raise money for a concert that the A Mother's Arms/Mothers Without Borders is putting on, with children from 17 different countries singing, I think. This is to help raise money for orphaned kids in Africa. Sadly, we won't be here to go to the concert.
Don't know if I already put this up, but here...
http://www.motherswithoutborders.org/
It's a really great cause!
At 6pm, Gma, Gpa, Charisse, and I went to Hello, Dolly at the Hale Theater. We also met Uncle Steve and Aunt Kris, Uncle Dick and his date, and Aunt Jenee there. It was amazing! The actors were really good, and I even recognized one of them from the concert I went to the first day! I recognized some of the songs, and it was really cool to see how it all turned out in the end. It is something that I think would be a good thing to come and see when our family comes up! It goes until August 1st, and it is a really good show. I had a lot of fun. The sets and flowers were wonderful! Until then...
That was my day :) Missing you!
Happy Sammich
2 comments:
Oh, no! you're making me hungry! the food sounds good. The theater/show/play thing sounds fun. I wish I could be there!
<3 ya!
Post a Comment