Just got a phone call from new dr office. We missed the window for 3 specific blood tests she wants because they didn’t have my records – uugghh – and because of vacation I am going to have to wait until Dec to take them - which may cause the results to be completely different than they would have been Friday (which was our window and didn’t get any bloodwork done when I was there because of not having info and records)
They did access my archived records. My results from those tests, along with my current concerns, still lead her to believe that I have re-ocurring issues going. It looks like my adrenal and cortisol levels are insufficient and imbalanced again, possibly severely. She would like me to start a new supplement to try to help balance some things. Still waiting to see if I really do need that other one she recommended last week – with it being SO expensive, I am almost hoping she will decide I don’t need it right now. I will also be scheduled for a follow up appt next month. Although that may be delayed if she was wanting that appt to follow up lab work that is now going to have to wait…
Sounds like from the conversation I had on the phone with the nurse that CFS is a given. Will really have to wait to see what levels of those bloodtests are to confirm markers of current symptoms. I am concerned though that they will not show true current results if they are done after I have been on supplements and things....frustrating to know that I was right there in the office and missed the window because they couldnt have immediate access to my records.
On a positive note there is a good chance that the fibromyalsia may not be a true concern. Again, we will have to wait until future appts and tests, but that would be an extra blessing amidst all the current health concerns.
Guess that is all for now – will send more updates and info when I have it
1 comment:
Rory, Just thought I would let you know you are being thought about.
Hope things they are able to get your levels back to normal soon. Such complicated bodies we all have, with such a limited operator's manual the DRs have.
Post a Comment