DAY 7 - Post about someone/something who has had the biggest impact on you
I have been trying to think about who I would post about. There are so many people who I think are heroes and who I think are super heroes (and not the comic book kind) There are also many people who have made huge impacts on me and in my life.
My ultimate super hero would be my husband. He has made a huge impact on me for more than half of my whole life. We have known each other since we were 15 yrs old. In all these years, he continues to amaze me with his talents, friendship, love and willingness to give all of himself and his whole heart into anything and everything that he does, including and formost in loving me.
I admire him, and continue to be in awe of everything he does and the wonderful man he is. Maybe someday, when I grow up, I can learn to be like him. I know that I am truly blessed because he is in my life.
He is my hero because he serves in so many different capacities. He serves in his unit, traveling often to support all of those soldiers who are deployed or arriving back home. He serves as part of the command staff, and as a platoon sargeant, and as the drum major, and the lead in the unit's brass quintet. He serves in our bishopbric as the bishop's executive secretary, and the ward website specialist, and the ward bulletin specialist, and whatever else bishop might need. He serves in our community as an assistant CERT team lead (done being full team lead after serving for several years). He is trying to serve in our school district by applying for an open school board position. He serves at work as an employee, a project manager, and has also served on the ADCOM group that plans family and employee social activities. He serves our family by working so hard to provide for our needs and wants. He supports the kids in all of their activities and music. He works miracles in our home by doing house jobs in hours, when i cant get to them for days or weeks. He stays up all night on vacation to do monster loads of laundry just to surprise me the next morning. He patiently sits in the front seat as he teaches Ceana to drive and lets her drive just about anywhere and everywhere (including heavy traffic in LA) and is always calm as he gives instructions and lessons. He runs extra errands when he knows i cant get to them, just to help me. He supports all my dreams and hopes for my photography and is willing to help with whatever I might ask.
1 comment:
Oh... my... word. Your husband truly is a hero. Wow...
Post a Comment