Friday, November 26, 2010

30 Day Challenge - DAY 10

DAY 10 - Post songs that you listen to when you are happy, sad, mad, etc

I am not sure what to post here. I don't just listen to music much anymore. Often when I am working on the computer I sometimes listen to Ceana's fave list on grooveshark.com. We have all contributed to her list and it is fun to sing along with all the music that spans the ages.
On happy days the kids and I also like to throw on a combo of all of our Celtic music CD's. The kids have grown to love Celtic music as much as I do and I often find the little peeps in the TV room hallway dancing to the fun and lively music.
December and holiday music means our annual Baxter family "Name That Christmas Tune" game. Whenever Christmas music comes on, the girls and I "compete" to see how quickly we can name the song and/or artist ( I am still the reigning champion naming songs in just a few notes) The girls are getting pretty good though. It will be more fun now that they are older and more aware of music this year.

When I am stressed or sad, or struggling with things I turn on my most fave music in the whole world - Pachabel's Cannon in D. I have several CD's that I listen to that help me to be calm and to just re-group a bit. My fave CD also has ocean waves and sounds in the background with the music. I also love December because there is a fairly recent Christmas song done by the Vienna Boys' Choir that has incorporated Pachabel's Cannon into it. It cheers me when I hear it on the radio, esp if it has been a rough day.

1 comment:

Keenan Seable said...

I LOVE Canon. That's my most favorite classical piece of music.