Friday, November 26, 2010

30 Day Challenge - DAY 8

DAY 8 - Post short term goals for this month and why:

I think that my 3 biggest short term goals will be to....

1 - Get all the vacation laundry done as quickly after arriving home as possible. Hoping to get everything all put away this next week.
2- Get kids working on, and caught up on all homework assignments. I am pretty sure we will be spending ALL of our Winter break doing homework after being away for the last 2 weeks
3- Try to get all of our vacation images sorted and cleaned up to be scrapped and posted

Vacations are so wonderful, but they also present many big challenges with our family being so big now.
Laundry seems to be a constant in our lives, and it becomes a monster job after a vacation. I will have extra loads since we have needed to wear lots of layers every day. We are supposed to get totally rained out tomorrow (100% chance of rain) so IF we are able to get to our last big activity (6 Flags) I will also be bringing home wet clothing.
Preston has tried to have the kids rotate to the front seat to work on homework with him during our long drives. This proved to be detrimental to Kaeli as she got severe motion sickness our first morning on the road. Our schedule has been really intense and we have played hard, and done very little homework. It will mean extra long days for the next 2 months, and probably very little social time until we make sure the kids are completely caught up. The term ends the last week of January, so we have to have everything completed by then.
Taking time for an extra long vacation jam-packed with fun, fun, fun, has meant TONS of picts. I was able to do some fun vacation shoots for the kids and we have tried to get family picts everywhere there was an opportunity to do so. It means I have lots of work ahead of me to get them all sorted and cleaned up though. I am hoping to work on a couple different projects as well as get them scrapped for the kids and get them posted here for our family journal. Lots to do and take on, and not quite sure where I will fit it in working around kids and house and such. May just have to do one tiny piece at a time and maybe just do a fun post when I can find a quiet moment each day.

No comments: