DAY 12 - Post about how you found out about Blogger and why you have a blog.
I had been hunting for a new, fun way to journal with writing and images. Several friends already had blogs and I was interested - until I found out how challenging it was to wade through the techy stuff to get it set up. That totally put me off for a really long time - until a sweet friend took pity on me and let me come over to her house and helped me get it all set up.
I havent looked back since. This blog (and my work one) is the way for us to keep a continual, up to date (usually) family and personal journal. Since I started this blog I have journaled more for myself and our family than I have in my entire life. It is esp important for me to have journal entries and images to go with them. The kids love looking through our scrap books and reading all the pages we have printed. It is a way for them to remember the things we have done. It is a way to write down the good, the bad, and the ugly at times. I used to really look forward to comments made from others, but now I am not sure that even a small handful of people even looks at our blog anymore. It doesnt really matter if they do or not - this is our family journal - for us, by us, about us. It is for us to remember, for the kids to be able to have for the future, for their own families. Hopefully someday I will get back to scrapping to keep up with the journaling too. It has been really great for me to keep this going, and hope to do so more consistently in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment