Just a super quick check in now that the day is over and gone....
2nd chemo appt today went well. I ended up having labs run at the beginning of my appt. We ended up waiting 90 min to get all my blood counts back. They all came back good to go, and then we got a slight scare when the ear thermometer said I had a fever! Thankfully the oral thermometer did not agree (whew!) and I was given the all clear!
I had a couple of new nurses today that were nice. Will be extra nice to have Janell and Paula back for next time though. Sis F and I had some extra good talk and cry time together today too.
I also got my personal journal caught up and a few thanx cards written - yea! The rest will have to wait a bit now, though. Next time I will get them all finished, hopefully....
All the meds went in as planned without any problems at all. I was much more relaxed today and Sis F. and the new nurse were impressed when I kept explaining procedures and things in detail when Sis F had questions. You would think I had been doing this extra long vs just the 2nd time. It was all good.
One fun surprise today came when lunch orders were being taken. Each time I go, I am there for 5 HOURS. The cute little nurses make a sandwich run for patients to be sure we are eating well and staying hydrated and stuff while there. She mentioned several different sandwiches, including tuna fish. Normally tuna is a big, fat NO! I cant stand tuna after pregnancies with last 2 kiddos....but today, for whatever reason, that is what my brain picked! I was even more surprised when it actually tasted GOOD. Go figure, just all my eating habits all messed up and giving the go ahead to whatever I am craving....I could only eat 1/2 though, another side note to my ever changing eating. Sometimes I can eat tons, other times, barely anything. Needless to say, in that lunch window, the sandwich was great. Not sure what it will be tomorrow :)
My other fun surprise came after Sis F returned back from running an errand. She had brought me extra DARK chocolate bar. She fretted and worried that it was going to be yucky. I sat there and ate piece after piece of the darn thing. Again, go figure, but it was exactly perfect (she didnt think so when she tried a piece, but was happy it tasted yummy to me :)
Thanx to Sis F for being with me and for knowing chocolate is one of a girls' best friends!
My chemo injection is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at the hospital. Planning for all to go well with nothing unexpected. Should be pretty easy. Tomorrow afternoon we will have extra helping hands from another Sis F. to help me care for little ones. It will be good to have her here and know that the kids will be cared for just in case I am more ill than expected.
Today, along with the combo of what the rest of tonight (having a FABULOUS night with the Fitz Kids), and this last week has been, has sufficiently worn me out. Nausea has started some, my mouth is extra dry and lips are chapped already. Heading to bed VERY soon, and going to hope I can last this one last night with no meds......Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as I know each day now is going to get more than rough, for me and for Preston & the kids.
Again, please know how eternally grateful we are to ALL of you who continue to send well wishes by phone and cards and letters and in all of the WOW meals that you send! We will never be able to say thank you enough, please know that all these are more appreciated than words can ever say!
Just a little PS - got the confirm today from my oncology doctor and the chemo nurses of what my "people & outings" restrictions are going to be from now on. If I am feeling up to it, I can go out and about. However, I will need to work hard to stay healthy, which will mean some important info to share:
1) If you would like to visit, please call first, and know that we will ask you to wash your hands upon arrival. Please help me and our whole family to stay healthy by not visiting if you or any of your family members are ill.
2) Please know that as much as I would love for you to give me great big hugs and handshakes, I wont be able to receive them until I am all completed with surgery (probably will be March or later) PLEASE do save them up for me, and I will look forward to receiving them in the Spring!
3) If you are bringing us one of your fabulous meals to help out, please be sure to wash before preparation (which I know everyone is already awesome at!). Please also consider swapping for a different night if you or another family member is ill. Just an extra little help to help us stay as healthy as possible.
Thank you SO very much for helping me and our family to stay healthy during these coming months. It is extra hard to know this may be a challenge during the holidays. Thank you for loving our family enough to help during this critical time when my health will not be at its best. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people surround us, you are all truly a gift to us from Heavenly Father!
I will plan for Preston to keep you updated from here as I know I most likely wont be on the computer for some time now. As always, feel free to call or text him to check in over these next few days as needed.
All our love and hugs!
1 comment:
Thank you for the update, Rory. You're on my mind continually. So wish I was closer. I hope these upcoming things go well for you. How lucky you get to spend such great time with Sister F. If it's the Sister F. I'm thinking of, I just love her. Glad so many are taking care of you and yours. You're in my prayers. Love you!
Post a Comment