Wednesday, December 14, 2011

111213

OK so this post is a day late, but I didn't intend to add anything for yesterday. Things seemed pretty quiet; assistant learning coach came over to help with little people school (for which Rory was VERY grateful), Rory continued struggles with soreness, and things were slow but normal-ish.

One Rory update though ... she did call the Dr. office and got some information about her mouth sores. Now that she has them, she'll probably get to keep them for the duration of the chemo. She's been running most of her food through the blender lately so she doesn't have to chew, and to make swallowing less painful. Hopefully we can slow down her weight loss, even though my family just started a new Biggest Loser contest. Anyway the Dr. had some good ideas of things to try, and a prescription mouth rinse if necessary. We'll have to see how things go next week.

The real reason I'm adding a post for yesterday is because of something that happened this morning. Rory is very security-conscious so I never bother trying to come in through the front door when I get home from work. When I go to the gym in the morning, though, I do use the front door. This morning I found two bags of presents outside on the porch. The accompanying card said, "Merry Christmas: We hope this season is full of happiness and joy - please find in these bags a present for each of the 12 days of Christmas. Please open the present with the correct number each day until Christmas Eve. Wishing only good things - with love - your Secret Santa." When I first read the card I thought the handwriting looked a lot like my sister's ... the one who is in ENGLAND. So if the Secret Santa is someone who reads this blog, rest assured that we have NO idea who you are. So although we opened two of the gifts on the 14th, the one for the 13th was a potted "Little Christmas Tree" plant in fancy wrapping paper.


No comments: