So Caiden called several times and got everything done for school in relatively short order. The girls are both going to be further behind. Not really sure how to remedy that yet, especially since Ceana is planning dates, dinners, and dances every night for the rest of the week. I know I should probably re-establish the rules about not getting to do "social stuff" when school is behind, but I don't have the heart to bring it up given everything that's going on. I'm guessing that rule will have to kick in again after the holidays ... and after she's spent said holidays getting caught up on school again. The girls had little kiddos to deal with after lunch, so that certainly explains the dramatic dropoff in school accomplishment.
All that said, I really don't know how we could possibly be coping with medical stuff as a family if the kids were still in "traditional" school. We were looking for flexibility, and are certainly glad to have it now. Only we're not using it the way we had hoped (field trips, family outings, OMSI, etc).
Tonight Rory realized there are changes in the outside help schedule and is convinced she did something wrong that has caused the changes. Of course that's not the case, we're just "tweaking" the calendar. A lot. Although my parents were hoping for something other than concentrating on schoolwork when they come to visit, that's just not gonna happen. Thankfully they will "roll with it" and things will be fine. Now if I can just convince Rory that things will be OK, maybe along the way I'll convince myself.
Rory update: no reports of vomiting (good thing) although she did have a very rough night. When I woke up at 2:30 she was out watching a movie. She did report sleeping from 4:30 to 12:30 though. Thanks S for taking the little ones this morning!!! She also tells me her "hair hurts" which I suspect means she is close to acquiring my hairstyle (not necessarily a good thing).
More updates tomorrow ...
No comments:
Post a Comment