Saturday, March 14, 2009

HOUSE OF THE WALKING WOUNDED

It has been an interesting week for kiddos and owies.

Ky's lip is slowly healing and looks much better today. It continues to change color and look really scary at times, but it has passed inspection from our friend who says he will be just fine.

Yesterday Colton came to me and said "mom, my ear feels icky". Upon inspection I discovered that his right eardrum has ruptured, again. Lovely. I went and hunted out his antibiotic drops and made a phone call to our dr. We will be doing drops for the next 5 days and I will be taking Colton down to the dr at the end of next week.

Today Kels decided to attempt the stairs on her own. Her blood-curdling scream sent both Kaeli and I running to see what had happened. Not sure how far up she got, but she gave herself a good enough bonk on her way back down apparently. Again, another child with blood spewing from their mouth. She somehow chunked her upper lip inside. She was NOT a happy camper with kaeli pinning her down and me getting a cold wipe in her mouth to stop the bleeding. I did get the bleeding stopped and she calmed down as kaeli held her. She is going to have a fat lip too for awhile. I went and put the gate up across the bottom of the stairs. We will have to make sure from now on that it is always up while she is out and about. She is just getting too big for her britches.

Hopefully the rest of the day and the weekend will be uneventful. We are planning to stay pretty close to home and just lay low. Thank goodness for quick fix meals, naps, and movies :)

1 comment:

John Boyack said...

Wow! What a day. I hope you get to enjoy a quiet weekend. Wendy