A few days ago Ky gave himself a nasty owie. I heard him start to cry - not anything blood-curdling to make me bolt from my chair, just a whimper of sorts. When I got up to go check on him, his lip was split wide open and he was standing on the hearth, bleeding profusly. I snagged him as fast as I could and put pressure on his lip. Looking at it I just knew we were going to end up at the dr office with stitches. Thankfully we have a friend who is a nurse and I was able to get a hold of her to have her come look at Ky. She said she didnt think it would need stitches, but she did seal it with a special medical "super glue". His lip has gone from ugly to worse, and we have been trying to keep ice on it and meds in him to try and help the swelling. Yesterday I was afraid it was getting infected too. My friend assured me that wounds like this stay wet so they get all icky looking but that everything is fine. Whew.
I swear this little mister is going to be my undoing. He is making up for all the other kids never doing the climbing, into everything stage. Even the other boys never did 1/2 the stuff Ky does! You would think that after hurting himself so badly on the woodstove/hearth that he wouldnt go anywhere near it - but no - it is still his favorite place to play, no matter how many times I have to tell him to not get up there, crazy boy!
This pict really doesnt show the damage as well as I hoped but you can see the swelling after I finally got the bleeding stopped

Later the same day. Ky went to a friend's house to play and came home with his lip split open again. I was really afraid we were going down for stitches anyway. I got some motrin in him right away and got more ice on his lip, even holding him wasnt enough comfort though - he really had blown it open again. Thankfully the combo of ice and meds seemed to help tons

My friend and I had a good laugh over this one. She had Ky hold his mouth open while she put on the "super glue". After she was done she told him he could close his mouth - but he didnt. He was kind of in a daze with his mouth wide open. We laughed and laughed. He didnt end up closing or relaxing his mouth until after I offered him some lunch.

He seems to be doing lots better today. He keeps pointing to his lip and saying "hurt" but seems to be back to normal activities and eating. It looks lots better today too, thankfully. It will prob take a long while to get it healed though. What a crazy boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment