This morning has been quite filled with more adventure than I had planned on. As many of you know we have doxies (short for dachshunds). One of our little guys LOVES to dig, and get himself into as much trouble as possible.
This last week since the weather has been nicer Oreo has decided to burrow under the deck, which he hasnt done all winter. He then managed to get himself stuck - several times. It took Ceana going outside and calling him and coaxing him, with treats in hand, to get him out the other night. You would think after all that he would not do it again...but no, that wouldnt stop him...more boy genes, dont even get me started on that one....
Today, the little mister put me in a complete panic. He went out and when I called didnt come back in, or answer me. I had heard his whimpering from just outside the office window and had gone out to see what was up. Apparently he had gotten himself stuck, again, but in a location (right in the middle of the deck on the west side) where I could not see him or get to him. I tried calling our contractor who built the deck to see if he could come help me pull up decking. No go. I tried digging bigger holes to try to get to him, only to hit layered framing right where he was. I prayed my guts out - losing a dog under the deck would be the one thing to push me over the edge, esp with Preston gone.
I finally called TMS and asked to check Ceana out of school, hoping that if he wasnt hurt/stuck that she could get him to come out. She was nervous when I picked her up and about in tears when I told her what had happened. When we got home she went right out back and do you know what we found - the little stinker had gotten out! Somehow, still dont know where he came out or what happened. All I know is that I received answer to prayer and we were both VERY relieved that he was ok. You know how you are relieved and angry all at the same time? Yeah. Dumb dog.
Ceana took the dogs in the house while I proceeded to dig up the back yard and fill in every nook and cranny, under and around the deck, with mud and rocks and hogfuel. I am hoping that, for now, that will do the trick and keep him from getting under there again. This summer we may have to come up with a more permanent solution....
I got ceana back to school and went ahead and picked up colton while I was out, even though it was early. I came home and put little people down for naps. I think I may go there myself just to get all the jitters to calm down.
Doofy dog. It is a good thing he is so cute, or he would be in BIG trouble.....
No comments:
Post a Comment