Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Too Many Questions...

Late yesterday afternoon I heard back from the dr office with my MRI results....

The results showed bulged discs that are cutting off nerves which is causing all the continued pain through my lower back, hips and legs. My dr has said it is serious enough to warrant serious solutions.

His first recommend was for me to continue PT. I wont be able to continue PT, at least for now. I found out yesterday my PT specialists' baby decided to arrive early. He will be out of the office a minimum of 2-4 weeks. His one partner will be trying to work in all my specialist's clients into his own schedule. It will not even get me on his books. I may be able to still keep an office visit next week, but I am still waiting to hear. My other concern is that I have already been going to PT for several months, without results expected or needed. That was the whole reason the MRI was asked for. Not sure that continuing with PT will help resolve concerns. It may end up being added back in if other more serious measures are needed...

His second recommend is to get cortizone shots in my spine. The cortizone could possibly reduce the swelling around the disc areas. I am still trying to learn more about what this option even involves.

His third recommend is to look at surgery options. This scares me the most considering he has now left his practice. I dont have any prospects for a new dr yet. I have made calls to try to set up appts to meet one new dr possibly. The other dr. I have tried to contact will go over all my records before she will even offer me an appt to meet with her. It is horrible for me to even consider that I may be looking at surgery, and no dr that I know or would be comfortable with would be doing it. Or that knowing I now have serious concerns, will a new doctor even being willing to take me on...

We also found out late yesterday that a specialist we have been hoping to get Colton into has a 4 MONTH waiting list. We wont hear back from them until they have received and reviewed Colton's records. It will be Fall at the earliest before we can get him in.

We ended yesterday with way too many questions and not enough answers, and no answers about who to turn to for help. This week will be spent making many phone calls and hoping we will be guided to find the right answers soon.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Praying for quicker solutions for you. Sorry to hear about this.