Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good News & Bad News...

It has been another week of Mondays...


Our Monday started out with a visit to the vet's office with a VERY sick Oreo...and no clue why he was so sick. I took him in and we saw Dr Archer's new partner. She was great and asked lots of questions I couldnt answer. She ended up keeping Oreo for x-rays and lab work. Ceana was NOT a happy camper when I returned without him. All we could do was wait to see what the dr said...


I came home from that appt to turn around and run down to my dr appt. It was not a good visit for me. He made some recommends about new specialists and a new sleep med he wants me to try (now that I am writing, I just realized I have that med still sitting at the pharmacy...another thing for my monster to-do list tomorrow) and then double checked with me that I had received the letter to let me know he is leaving the practice at the clinic - WHAT? I totally flipped out, while trying to keep my composure. I hadnt received a letter at all. I was mortified. I have only had him for the last several months. I had finally found someone to ask the right questions, to jump on tests, to talk and work with my other specialists....and now he is leaving...and I am going to have to start all over again.


I have an appt with a new Asian master actupuncture specialist next week. I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow. I have dropped all my PT appts until we can get results from the MRI. I have info for 2 new personal dr, and still trying to decide to make appts to at least meet each of them and try to prayerfully decide where to go from there.

It was all I could do not to cry when I left the dr office. I just cant seem to find a good dr for me. It will now mean adding more appts into our schedule again. I am already feeling extra guilty for the fuel costs and cost of time away from home, and what the cost will be to the kids' grades with me coming and going....

On my way home from my appt, I got a call from the vet clinic with results from all of Oreo's tests and that he was ready to come home. I had a pretty intense discussion with the dr. His x-rays and labs came out clean, mostly. The x-rays indicated some calcification on his neck - the disc degeneration we have already had confirmed in LJ 2x now....Also, he had some labs that were unusually off. Sometimes the numbers can be off because of high stress, but the follow up appt with Dr Archer today also indicated she is concerned about the labs. We have a follow up appt for him in 3 weeks for more labs. Depending on what those results are, we may have lots more on our plate for Oreo (and maybe LJ) as well. Can only try to wait patiently. Oreo is doing much better after the extra fluids and care he received at the clinic, which we are very thankful for.

Tonight my heart is very heavy with heartbreaking news we received about extended family members. We are so far away, and there is nothing we can do but keep them in our thoughts and prayers, and let them know we still love them.

It has already been a very long, full week - and it is only Wednesday. The rest of the week and weekend look to be VERY full of lots of adventure. I will try to keep up with posts, more coming soon....

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Sorry to hear all of the sad news. Hope everything works for your best, as I'm sure it will. Keep your chin up my friend.