We got the chance to go away for a girls' weekend, leaving Preston with the boys and Kels. It was a wonderful weekend for all of us, with many different outings, activities, etc. But as the saying goes...all good things come to an end...
I currently have a son who is refusing to do any school work because his dad is not here. He has not even completed one assignment yet, he has directly disobeyed specific instructions, and is in jeopardy of losing karate this afternoon...I have 2 children currenly on time out, one of which is still screaming her head off, and the other with lost privileges for violently kicking the wall in his room. Two girls are stressed to the max and making very little headway in reaching their goal to have 5 assignments completed by the end of the day, which is highly unlikely to happen knowing they still have karate and a board meeting to attend. One little mister is sitting contentedly reading books tucked into the big overstuffed recliner, after eating yet another cookie as his reward for using the bathroom. In the midst of this, I have 2 of 6 currently struggling with cold symtoms, making them extra emotional and grouchy.
We have an hour before we are supposed to leave for karate. I dont think anyone has eaten any lunch. I just found out that Preston is possibly going to be out of town for 2 days and nights this week. Dinner is probably going to be mac&cheese or PB&J or cereal, again. We will attempt to at least get scriptures read, and prayer said, but will most likely not have anything resembling FHE. It will for SURE be early bedtime tonight. I may have to make 2 pans of cookies because at this rate I will need one all to myself in an attempt to "self-medicate" (as my cute friend calls it) just to make it through the rest of the day/week....
Welcome back to the real world....
1 comment:
Rory its days like the one you are having that make me glad for just my 2 kids. And then at the same time it makes me sad that I was un-able to have a big family.
Post a Comment