Monday, April 4, 2011

Miracle Man

This weekend the big girls and I got to go away and spend 4 wonderful days with close friends of ours (more posts and picts coming). While we were away Preston "worked" from home and stay with the boys and Kels. It sounds like they had as wonderful a weekend as we did. Many miracles happened!

Preston took the boys & Kels to a local elementary school carnival. Sounds like they had a total blast (need to have him do a post about all of their fun) They called me on the phone totally bouncing off the walls from all the fun they had together. Preston treated them to pizza, which according to Caiden's account of what Preston said "we are getting pizza because it sure beats eating peanut butter" (which we have been eating ALOT of lately) That made me laugh. Preston also helped the boys crank out some monster amounts of homework. Caiden has been our biggest challenge with completing school work this year. Preston's one on one time seems to be the key to his success. Colton's handwriting has made significant improvement too. I can usually only get him to complete a small amount of work, and Preston got him to do 3 whole pages of handwriting all in one sitting! Plus math and other assignments too. Good to have them both caught up a bit, esp knowing we only have 54 days of school left! Just cant believe the year has flown by so quickly.....

One of the miraculous events came in a round about way. The dogs got loose while Preston and the kids were out and LJ, loving to eat plastic anything, completely obliterated Kels' binky hoard in her room. There was the obvious major trauma the first night, but it now seems we are free and clear of the whole binky thing. Something I have been contemplating doing for some time now, esp after the report from our dentist that she has a cross bite because of extended binky use. Just havent been able to do it yet because both Kaeli and I struggle to hear her in hysterics...Preston doesnt mind the hysterics for the most part though, and the dogs helped preston do away with them in one fell swoop.

The other big miracle is that it looks like Ky is potty trained - literally overnight. Preston sent me text messages all day yesterday to tell me that Ky had used the potty and was earning cookies (that they got at the carnival). Preston found some Superman pull ups in the garage (didnt even know we had any) and Ky was so excited he did not have one single accident all day! I asked Preston to take his pict, and this is what he sent me.... This morning he woke up dry too! He earned 2 cookies for that, I think he earned them. He has used the toilet 2x already today and we seem to be on a roll. He and I talked about printing a potty chart for him. If he can stay dry all week, day and night (probably) I promised him I would take him to a big store to buy his very own big boy underwear. He was VERY excited about that. Since cookies seem to be his choice as a potty treat (all the other kids' loved M&M's) we are also going to make a big pan of PB Fingers so he can have his fave cookies available as his reward.

Daddy Magic has done all of these wonderful things. It never ceases to amaze me the things that Preston accomplishes in such a short amount of time with the kids. He and the kids had a great weekend together and got so much done too!

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Yay for daddy magic! I think we're just heading into our peanut butter days as I just found out I have to graduate by August of 2012. Ugh! Congrats on all the good news and good things!!!