Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS?

I was awakened at 3am this morning by my 2yr old screaming her head off, asking for her "sissy"(kaeli). I went upstairs to get her re-settled, except ran into a major snag - could not find a single binky anywhere. I had her all tucked in and ready to go back to sleep, and I was turning on every light in the house, looking in every room for binkys where they are usually hidden for times like this. She ended up following me all the way downstairs and a major screaming fit started when I tried to tuck her back in. Turning on all the lights and having her screaming woke up my 13 year old. When I asked her if she knew where the binkys were, she informed me that my 15 yr old has thrown them all away....It was totally one of those "you have got to be kidding me!" moments. I am not sure what her thought process was, or if she knows or understands how thin my sanity is at the moment. I will be discussing it with her during normal daylight hours and then sending her to the store with her own money to replace them if she really has thrown them away. Binkys are not cheap, and there are only 2 kinds that my 2 yr old has decided she has to have. We have them still, hidden in many different places, for my sanity and because my 2yr old is not quite there yet to be able to have them thrown away. I keep them in the car, in my travel bag, in her room, in other places in the house, etc so I dont have to be hunting down one single binky. I ended up going out to the car, hoping I still had one hidden in the glovebox - thankfully I did. More screaming started up when I tried to get the 2yr old settled back down. Thankfully tonight, the boys slept through this middle of the night drama...

The 7 yr old and the 13 yr old have gone back to bed with all the lights on again. I may have to seriously consider the opt of having preston take out ALL of the lightbulbs again, or start having the kids pay the power bill....

I am also planning to have my 13yr old clean TWO bathrooms inside out tomorrow so I dont have to be the one to flush after she has been in there (coherent or not, she has developed a very bad habit taught to her by a relative who will not be mentioned when she was really little - unfortunately, it is a habit I have not been able to break her of - esp in the middle of the night)

It sounds as if everyone has settled back down finally - and yet here I am an hour later, wide awake and prob not going back to sleep any time soon...lovely. Will make for another very long day, esp with extra little people at our house again....yes, I am very grumpy, can you tell?

OK, so I was fooling myself that the 2yr old was settled back down - it is now after 4am and she is screaming again, after throwing all of her stuff (binky, tinkbell, cup) all over the baby gate for the 2nd time. Apparently the 7r old was up, again, and turned on all the lights and disturbed her enough to think it was time to be awake. Not sure how I am going to resolve this short of having everyone awake...I can already tell this is not going to be a productive day. Guess it is a good thing we are staying close to home, I am not going to be coherent enough to drive anywhere, and I am going to keep my fingers crossed that either everyone sleeps in (not likely since the 4 yr old is up before the sun) or that I will be able to talk one of the girls into holding down the fort so I can get a nap....rats, just cant get a good break lately....

No comments: