I will have to see if Preston will come in and edit these and give some notes about each pict, but I wanted to get them here on the blog.
A few weeks ago preston was gone for a whole week to do "real" army training - stuff that the band doesnt usually do (they are doing alot of that lately) These are some of the picts of the things he did that week. They go along with the FTX posts he has been adding here.
When we first received these picts, I couldnt even look through them - just could not stay calm enough while looking at him being a real soldier and thinking about what if this were real. I am still not doing so well looking at them, but it is important to have them here as part of our family journal.
Cleaning my weapon after M-16 qualification.
Loading ammo for the Commander's M-9 (handgun) qualification. We only had one magazine, so I ended up reloading it for him.Maintaining perimeter security during a pause in practice tactical movement.



No comments:
Post a Comment