I was hoping to post more pix, but little kiddos have needed all of my attention and then some...
So...I guess I will just do a quick post about our last couple of days and our adventures.
Yesterday (Monday) started extra early with a phone call from a ward member asking me if I wanted 2 extra little girls. I have been on call for a new sister in our ward who has been expecting a baby. Well, yesterday was the day. We ended up with extra little ones for most of the day. I was esp thankful for my big girls as they did most of the babysitting because I had multiple appts yesterday too. The girls got a new baby brother and were excited to get to go see him yesterday evening.
My appts yesterday were not so good. I went to see Wendy first and she beat on me hard. I had LOTS of hot spots that were fussing and lots of muscles that were not happy. I about jumped off the massage table several times and tears flowed over hurting and chatting about some things. I am so thankful for her and her willingness to help me. Seems that new concerns have popped up now and I am seeing her more vs less often. It feels like I am going backwards instead of improving, although I am trying to understand it isnt backwards, just different challenges that need to be worked through...I am trying to be patient.
I also saw Dr Drew yesterday too. He beat on me just as much or more than Wendy did. When he started on me his first comment was "wow! you are really a mess!" - thanx drew...:) I really am though. My initial injury in my back from sneezing has gotten worse vs better. I also have bones out of alignment in my left foot, knee and hip. We are not sure if the initial injury is causing these other concerns, or if the concerns with my feet are causing the other way around. We are sure that I will need to be monitored more closely - meaning getting beaten on by both Wendy and Drew again later this week. It also means that I have been put on permanent light-moderate exercise for HEALTH vs training - no lap swims, no biking until further notice. I was really sad that the triathlon may not happen. Drew said not to quit completely, but most likely I am going to have to re-evaluate what I can do, and set new goals. I was really looking forward to the triathlon, but I know better than to not listen to Wendy, Drew or my body. So for now, I am going to be downshifting and hope that my efforts will help vs hurt.
Colton had more stuff out of place this appt too. Not sure what has set off his set of concerns, just will need to keep an eye on him too. On a good note, having him back to seeing Drew & Wendy consistently is helping his behavior and overall balance a ton. We have had several good days in a row and when mishaps happen, he turns it around pretty quickly vs complete hysteria as we have been doing. Drew & Wendy are both great blessings in both our lives.
With the new exercise restrictions, Ceana & I decided to try a water aerobics class last night. Not sure I really liked the instructor all that well, but it was a good class and I felt I got a good work out at a low impact intensity. Will be trying some different classes over the next few days and see which ones we like the best.
After having all the extra kiddos at the house and no naps, kiddos were in major meltdown, and we put them down early. Ceana needed to make treats for their upcoming YW activity too, so the big girls & I sat for a bit and enjoyed warm choc chip cookies together.
Today has been just as crazy. I got the truck dropped off to have repairs done and then Ceana & I dashed to a water aerobics class. We got there late, but the instructor was great and didnt mind us crashing her class. It is one that both Ceana & I really enjoyed and I think I will be planning to add her class to our schedule for sure. We also stayed for a 2nd low impact class taught by one of the young sisters in the other ward. It was fun to chat with her during class, and she was great to let us come even though unplanned. Will be looking at probably taking her class again too.
We got home to kiddos all on time out - apparently all the extra everything yesterday put everyone out of sorts from the get-go this morning. I had Kaeli call JaNay and she and caiden went on a long bike ride with the Jeffries to let her get some time off and burn off some steam. She came back feeling lots better. Thankfully, with no extra kiddos today, everyone was able to get a good nap in. Weird thing that everyone still woke up out of sorts and little people have been in war mode all afternoon. I think they have spent more time separated today than together. Everyone was in bed extra early - though not asleep - at least all reading quietly and getting settled.
We tried for a fun kiddo dinner of "Mickey Chickies" since big girls had dinner at YW. It was supposed to be a quick 20 minute dinner, except it turned into a 90 min cook time. I realized that the brand new oven is not working. In a convection oven, the heat comes from a fan in the back of the oven that turns and circulates hot air to cook/bake the food. Not sure if it has never been working, or when it stopped working. Our quick dinner turned into extra dried out yuck dinner. The little people ate some, but it really turned out badly and I agreed they didnt have to finish since I didnt even finish mine. I have spent most of the evening trying to find someone to at least answer questions, or to schedule to have someone come out. I talked to 4 different people who kept giving me someone else to call. By the time I finished those calls and was given numbers of approved "local" repair shops to direct questions to, all the shops were closed and we are going to have to wait until tomorrow to try again. We may be going back to pancakes and cold cereal for awhile until we can find out what is going on. It does explain why things have been taking so long to bake and tastes have been off. Hopefully we can get it resolved very soon.
In all the craziness today, I completely forgot to go get the truck picked up. Will have to walk to the shop tomorrow to get it picked up before I have to drive all over here and there again tomorrow.
I guess lots of craziness makes the days Preston is away go by faster....seems like our summer has been blasted into oblivion and we havent even gotten to do any of the things we had hoped. At least we have been enjoying cooler temps and we have friends around to help when needed. We will hope the rest of the week will be a little more quiet...guess we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment