Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun Pix 3

This is the sternwheeler boat that we traveled on. It was really so cool. Preston & I got a window seat which was awesome. I will be posting more picts soon of this awesome boat. The weather was so beautiful, and calm, which is very rare for the Columbia Gorge. It was so beautiful we didnt even need jackets, which is even more rare. Preston had ordered the "romance" package - which included a bottle of sparkling cider, yummy dessert and souveneir glasses. I was glad that I had brought all of my lenses, it was fun to try to capture all the big and little things about our special night. Will prob post more picts soon
Our dinner was SO amazing. The menu was pretty detailed and it was hard to choose. I really like salmon, if it is cooked properly. I was trying to decide when our waiter tipped the scale for me by telling me the best salmon chefs he has ever worked with were cooking that night. I am so glad that I decided to get it - it was the BEST salmon I have ever had. It had a special tweak too - watermelon salsa that the chef had just come up with on the spur of the moment. I would have never thought to do that - but it was really amazing and totally changed the whole taste of the meal. I dont think I have enjoyed a meal that much in a long time.
Preston had beef medallions with all the trimmings. His dinner was really awesome too. Very moist and the kind of meal that makes you say "oh, wow, that is really good" from the very first bite. He shared with me and was brave in eating some of my dinner too.
It seems we spent the weekend eating really amazing food, it was a special treat to have adult-type dinners that we could really enjoy together.

No comments: