Friday, November 27, 2009

A GRATEFUL HEART

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone in a whirlwind of activity and fun....it is crazy how you can spend weeks looking forward to this special day, and days preparing all the yummy foods and activities, and then the day has come and gone in the blink of an eye....

So much has been on my mind in the last couple of weeks, and I just havent taken the time to write things down. I have also still been struggling with many things, so it has been hard to write. I have a friend who has a saying "Fake it, til you make it" - meaning do it anyway, even if it is hard, eventually things will come out all right....

Today, I am writing, even though it is hard, and I will just try to keep in mind that maybe someday my efforts will will bring something positive to the future....

Moments I am thankful for:
*the ever changing colors of Fall
*the wonders of nature - breathtaking colors of sunrises that change in minutes, or seeing a low thick cloud literally stuck in the tree tops of a densely wooded hill
*holding a sick little boy snuggled in his favorite blanket (Curious Gerge) and rocking in my favorite chair
*holding a very tired little girl, snuggled in her favorite blanket (a hand crocheted afghan that belonged to her great-grandma that she is named after) rocking in that same chair, listening to lullabies on the CD player
*rain on the skylights in our room
*heaters and the fireplace in our bedroom
*listening to Kaeli laugh and sing with little people when she helps get them tucked in bed
*a husband who does dishes and laundry just about every day
*Ky asking to watch Thomas (the train) on my "puter" (computer)
*Unexpected phone calls from far away friends
*Soaking in a hot bath with jets on, a good book, and snacks on hand
*The sound of rain, frogs chirping, surf against the shore, and the white noise of a fan running
*The technology of blogs that help me keep a detailed, consistent family journal
*listening to preston and big kids as they talk about the fun they are having serving families and taking care of livestock during the long weekend
*putting together thank you baskets with my big girls
*watching Ceana smile and laugh as she chats with friends on the computer
*Ky screaming "Mom! You're Home!" and wrapping himself around my legs every time I come home from somewhere
*Days with sunshine, even if just a little bit
*Getting that perfect shot and knowing I nailed it during a shoot, esp of my kiddos
*Snickers snack size bars
*Hearing my children laughing
*Kaeli's yummy homemade bread that is just out of the oven & slathered with butter & jam
*Christmas music
*Dear friends whose hugs mean the world to me
*Dear friends who have become our family
*Reading the same picture book with Kels over and over just so she can turn the pages
*A warm home, a good stable job, food to eat, clothes to wear, a safe place to live
*Doctors and specialists who truly care and have become good friends
*Children's Tylenol & Motrin, ear thermometers, Neosporin and Band-aids
*Watching and listening to Caiden sing in the church choir
*Watching and listening to Colton as he is learning to read and seeing the light start to turn on
*Chocolate pecan pie
*Eating a friend's homemade stuffing - soooo YUMMY!
*A dear friend sharing Thanksgiving leftovers
*Hearing a dear friend tell us that she loves us, and knowing that she truly means it as much as we love them
*Watching an afternoon fill with many tiny blessings because Heavenly Father knows that sometime in the future someone is going to need my blood more than I do
*Baked potatoes and yams, esp with butter and other yummy toppings
*Celtic Woman, Josh Groban, Nat Cole and Celine Dion Christmas music
*Having fresh farm eggs in shades of green and pink mixed in with the white "store" eggs
*Watching Caiden cook and enjoy corn bread (his FAVE) muffins all by himself

I may take time to come back and edit this post as I think of more things, but this is a good start

No comments: