Monday, November 16, 2009

LETTER PANCAKES MADE WITH LOVE

Tonight was pancakes and eggs for dinner, again. It seems we are getting into a "back to basics" meal plan more often than not. Everyone eating in shifts, eating what we can fix and eat quickly, etc.
I started pancakes, just the normal round kind....Kaeli asked if she could make them, and then gave in to the little boys begging for letter pancakes. She loves to be in the kitchen, no matter how many times a day. I think she enjoys doing the extra fun stuff as much as the boys enjoy eating them. While she made pancakes the little boys were perched on either side of her. She and Colton did math with pancakes and Ky "recited" his ABC's as he tried singing the song and guessing the letters Kaeli was making. It was fun to watch and listen to them spend that special time together.
Here are some of her fun creations....


I got surprised with this darling plate of pancakes - complete with butter and syrup just the way I like them. Kaeli never hestitates to spoil me, esp when it comes to bringing me yummy food surprises
You can see there aren't many letter pancakes left. The boys eat them almost as fast as Kaeli can make them. She always makes enough so that each of the boys have pancakes letters that are in their name, and they are more than happy to eat as many as she will make.

No comments: