Sunday, November 1, 2009

TRUNK OR TREAT CARNIVAL

We had multiple themes going on this year. Caiden decided that he REALLY wanted to be Gilligan this year, so Kaeli and Preston also chose characters - Kaeli was Ginger and Preston was The Skipper. The little people all got their outfits chosen for them about 1/2 hour before we were supposed to leave - they were all in PJ's still. Thankfully it was easy to throw these together since I had remembered the cute aprons we had gotten from the Pioneer Day carnival we attended in July. Along with a few accessories and we were good to go. Bob The Builder and crew. Kels' toolbox was sufficiently supplied with all the "tools" a girl needs - curling iron, hairspray, clips, brush, etc. It was perfect for her.

The boys were chomping at the bit to get to the carnival. Kels was NOT impressed. She pretty much freaked out with all the noise and people and just clung to her big sissy as if she was holding on for dear life. Kaeli just stood very still and stroked Kels' hair, trying to keep her calm. I dont know what I would do without Kaeli, those 2 girls really have bonded and Kels will often times even choose Kaeli instead of me. I am blessed that they have each other, esp for times like this when I need to be everywhere at once.


No comments: