Need I say more than BOYS! They just run to a different drummer. This week our boys belong to Preston, and not me, because I am not sure that I am going to survive another day of little boys....
Who but boys would:
*use the BBQ tongs as weapons (side note - we have a strict family rule that weapons of any kind are NOT toys - we do not allow the boys those kinds of things (lightsabers, guns, swords, etc) to play with - and yet those inevitable boy genes create them anyway)
*rip baby green tomatoes off the vine to throw them at each other or in the air for "bombs"
*strip down to their underwear while playing outside because "their clothes are dirty"
*strip down to buck naked while playing outside just because they are wild indians
*put the dog in the baking drawer of the BBQ because "he wanted to go in!"
*try to pull weeds by hacking at them with a trowel and an loose wood slat from the playhouse
*spin each other on the swings until they feel or are sick to their stomachs
*pull out the ladder to the bunk bed and set it up next to the dresser, and then leave the bedroom door open so baby sister can climb up to the top and get herself stuck and literally screaming for help
*take a nap on the deck with the dogs (picture post coming soon)
*play close by to their baby sister - oblivious that she is EATING a crayon (thank goodness for non-toxic crayons)
*run screaming through the house at the top of their lungs - making sisters think someone was dying - just for the boys to tell them there were hot air balloons out their window
*use an old tent stake & twine for a fishing pole and go "fishing" from the platform of the playhouse screaming "I GOT ONE!" loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear
*using the toothbrush holder to hold and pour as much water as possible out onto the bedroom carpet and into both the kids laptop computers (toys thankfully), drenching themselves and everything around them
2 comments:
Indeed boys have a different internal programming than girls. I love my little boy, and think the crazy things he does is cute, but would admit that before him those same things would have driven me insane.
I'm sorry to be laughing at this. Ah...the plight of having multiple boys. I so live a parallel life to yours. I'm so glad Preston's going to take over for a bit. I wish I had that luxury. Trying to be one step ahead is so very taxing!
Post a Comment