After the photography shoot in Gardner Village Sat AM I went back to Preston's parents house. We watched conference, ate yummy food, and then ran some errands. One of our errands was to a fabric store. Preston's mom has made each of the kids a handmade quilt and bedding set. We went and found fabrics for kels's birthday quilt. I dont love sewing, but it was fun to pick out materials. I cant wait to see what mom & C come up with to get it finished. It will be perfect for Kels's new big bed. Another errand mom & I ran - multiple times (long story) was to a MWB gal who is also a photographer. She let us come to her house to see her home "studio" and to give some good tips about photography and working with a home studio setting. I think my next big savings goal is going to be for new lighting equipment, after we get advertising all squared away....It was great to see all the "techy" stuff she had and know that I will get there someday too.
After errands we watched more conference and worked on special projects. J was working on some beautiful jewelry, C was working on crocheted quilt pieces, and mom and I were working on cutting fabric for an African MWB project. Both Jac & I were stunned by the stories mom shared with us and what the fabric would be used for. We really dont realize how VERY wealthy we are in this country and how much we take for granted every day. I was so happy to be there to help mom, my little bit was a big help to her and hopefully will help another woman/baby in need.
Two family highlights of the day for me were:
1) Getting to do a maternity shoot for my cute sis-in-law and our cousin on the Bentley side of the family. They are both due just a few weeks apart and it was tons of fun to just play! Thanx girls (and hubbies) for letting me try this with you. This is just a small sample and there will be more to come on the photo blog in the next few weeks!
I love this shot and have seen it done with clothes and bare prego tummies. It is so sweet. Brit's black shirt made the perfect background for all the love her hands could hold.
2) Getting to be a part of the Baxter family tradition of an adult only dinner out after the priesthood session. Mom & dad had chosen an Aisan restaurant which many were concerned that they didnt think they would like anything. Let me tell you - we ALL left there so full I think we waddled out of there. I have not had Aisan food that good in a VERY long time. The restaurant is called the Aisan Star and I already told mom we HAVE to go there again when we are there in July. Everyone got to pick something off of the menu and then we all shared bites from every dish. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and even more wonderful company. It is a really great place to go with a big group - even with all of us (10) we still brought home FOUR boxes of leftovers. Lucky me, I got treated to one of those boxes the night before I flew out of SLC. :)
Thanx again to mom & dad for treating us to such a fabulous meal and the wonderful night to just spend time together!
After we got back from dinner, everyone came back to mom & dad's for playing games. That was tons of fun because we were all tired enough to get very silly. It was the perfect end to a perfect night. Thanx tons to everyone who took extra time to come and spend at the house while I was there! Miss you already and cant wait to see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment