I love the rain - the way it sounds, smells, feels. It soothes and draws me outside to experience every moment that it falls. Its fresh, Fall smell stopped me in my tracks today when I went to let the dogs in (they are wimps, they dont appreciate the rain the way I do :) I let them in and stopped right in the doorway and walked out to the deck inhaling as hard as I could - the smell was undescribable. At one point it was raining so hard it was like a solid sheet of water pouring from the sky - it was breathtaking to watch. It made my heart happy as I watched and listened to the neighbor girls laugh and squeal as they ran through their yard completely drenched and enjoying every moment of it.
What a miracle it is to have something so simple as rain effect so many senses in me. What a joy to watch as it cleanses and refreshes the air and the Earth. What a blessing to be given such precious gifts as flowers and the rain. What a precious gift to be able to stop and see that there is beauty all around! What an amazing and wonderful world we live in!
1 comment:
I love that you enjoy the simple pleasures of life!
So funny to read the contrast between Preston's posting on rockets and yours of the rain. Men and women are so different. Isn't it great?! We balance each other out so well. No wonder kids need two parents.
Post a Comment