Welcome to the Baxter Family Circus Blog! We are a family running a non-stop three ring adventure, and we are learning and experiencing new things every day. We post all our fun family adventures (and misadventures) to share, but mostly to keep our family journaling going strong. Our life is one big circus, and we are learning to tame and balance life one act and one adventure at a time!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
A LITTLE PIECE OF PARADISE
A few months ago we re-landscaped our front yard. Instead of grass and trees we put in a rock path and lots of plants and flowers. Over the last several weeks we have enjoyed watching things grow and bloom. One plant that we got from a friend has been growing like crazy and it has been amazing to watch the huge leaves roll open and the stalk grow to 2x as tall as the front porch. We have been waiting for it to bloom and it finally did! And is it ever a WOW! The blooms are gorgeous and remind me of the color of a brilliant sunset. The plant itself reminds me of many that Preston & I saw when we were in Hawaii a few years ago. It is my own little piece of paradise right in my front yard! It was really fun to take picts at the different stages as the blooms opened. I especially was thrilled with the way the one night pict I took turned out - it was so dark that it reminds me of blooms set on a piece of black velvet. I am thrilled to have such a unique piece of nature to enjoy every day - it has been a joy to watch it grow and bloom and I know I will miss its bright colors during the winter but I will look forward to its beautiful blooms again next year!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love love love the one with black.
Post a Comment