Friday, September 12, 2008

KELSIANNE IS GETTING SO BIG!

It has been amazing to watch Kelsianne grow and change the last couple of weeks. She is a MISS CHUBBERS! Which is quickly becoming her nickname...Her other nickname is "tootsie" - because even though she is not brown she has lots of ROLLS - her arms, legs, cheeks, double chin...hahaha. I have put so many outfits away already and she is getting into the 6-9 month clothes for the most part. She is also in #3 diapers! I cant wait to go to her appt next week and see how much she weighs - my guess is at least 15lbs if not more!

She has done tons of stuff this week with all of her growing.

She is laughing on her own - all I have to do is smile big at her and she just starts giggling and laughing - it is very funny and very contagious - although it is also very short-lived - every time I try to get to the camera she just stops. She does that with the regular camera too - she is just not sure what to do with them...makes it hard to capture all the cute & fun stuff....

She also really loves to chatter. She has so many volumes to her voice and she gets funny looks on her face too. She scrunches her eyebrows together alot when she is chattering - it is like she is thinking extra hard and trying to get us to understand her.

She is also still spitting up big time. Caiden was a projectile spitter - Kels is more like a gurgling fountain - she hiccups or burps and it all comes gushing out. We have stopped using burp rags and have moved to having to use hand towels - and sometimes that isnt even enough.
We are used to it but I am always so hesitant to let anyone else hold her and always have to warn them when they do take her. She got a friend of ours at church pretty bad on sunday - I felt horrible - but my friend just laughed it off - she is so sweet to me and our family. I still felt like I wanted to crawl in a hole though - it is so embarrassing to have Kels urp/gush all over the place or on other people - esp when we are somewhere I cant help clean up enough or let the other person be able to change their clothes....

Kels is also grabbing things on her own. She loves her little playmat with all her hanging toys - esp when she pulls hard enough to get them to play music. She also loves to grab hair - and not let go. I have to keep mine pulled back all the time and remind my girls to do the same. It is amazing what an iron grip one little fist can have!

She is also rolling over! She has been doing little tummy crunches for awhile but she surprised us all when she rolled over when she was playing and then rolled all the way over. I think that one was just a fluke though because when she rolls she gets herself stuck on her tummy. Part of that is that she gets distracted by sucking on her fist - which she has also learned to do this week. She starts to roll, gets her hand by her mouth, and in her mouth and then gets herself stuck. It is kind of funny to watch her try to do 2 things at once. We have had to go over things again with the kids about where it is safe to leave her - always a challenge to make sure when they have her that they are keeping her safe too.

It amazes me that she is doing so much - but she has lots of help and attention from everyone around her. It wouldnt surprise me if she does things early just trying to keep up with all the other kiddos. She continues to be a joy to all of us and we are so blessed to have her in our family!

scrunch...


scrunch...


ROLL!


What a pretty girl! Dont you just love her eyes!


Kels playing with all her new toys

No comments: