Thursday, January 5, 2012

Roller Coaster

As upbeat as my last post sounded, yesterday was a "low" on this ride. Rory's ride got her to her med/fluid infusion just fine, but it sounds like things didn't go so well while they were there. The burning skin sensation, extreme fatigue, and severe aches are all non-normal reactions that have the doctors and nurses asking themselves questions. I guess the one good thing is that she's done with infusions of the medications that have been causing these particular symptoms, so we'll hope the new side effects are less severe as she moves to the second regimen. They decided to schedule ANOTHER infusion appointment for her on Friday.

I re-certified in CPR/First Aid while at work yesterday, and then realized since that time is an "overhead" number I won't get paid for any more time I work this week. (Except Salaried status + already have 80 hours this pay period = overhead hours don't get paid) So I'll be home with kids today (hopefully cranking homework), then will be Rory's driver tomorrow. After that I'll likely pack up and head to Portland for some Army meetings and drill on Saturday, leaving Rory here alone overnight. Saturday the girls are scheduled to attend a Temple trip, but thankfully someone has offered to take the other four kids while the girls are gone. Assuming they get through Friday night OK, she should get some rest on Saturday.

Looking forward to a "down" day today hopefully. I've been pretty wiped out for several days and can't seem to get caught up on sleep. Maybe if we can avoid naps I can shoot for early bedtime for everyone. We'll see. I was not feeling so great last night so I didn't go inside (with all the yelling) to watch the kids' martial arts class. Sounds like Colton was singled out to show off his form in front of the whole class because of his great show of attitude; sad I missed seeing that. The kids are gearing up for belt testing again in just a couple of weeks, and they are working hard to be ready. Glad it's giving them some PE time away from school.

Kelsianne appears to have picked up a bug too, as she was running a fever last night. That's just what we don't need, but hopefully it was short-lived.

OK time to get going on the day.

1 comment:

Jill Tharp said...

Continuing to follow the blog - thanks so much for the information - it helps to stay connected as we are concerned for all of the Baxter's welfare and do not want to be to intrusive by calling and bugging you all - Please know the Tharp household is continuing to pray for strength, peace and whatever else Heavenly Father sees as your needs during this difficult time. Please know also that we are available most of the time and want to help - much love Bishop and Jill