*Laughing so hard you can hardly breathe and you have tears running down your face, and down your leg (how a friend recently described the resulting wetting your pants because of laughing so hard - that made me laugh even harder!) Have not laughed like that for as long as I can remember. It was because of an episode of a favorite Disney Channel show, I watched one part over and over just because it made me laugh so hard. Preston and the kids thought I was a little loopy. I was extra tired, so they were probably right.
*Driving myself and others in the beast multiple days in a row
*Wearing REAL clothes (you know, jeans, shirts, etc vs PJ's 24-7 for most of the last 4 months) and make up
*Going out to lunch with my best friend just because. We have both really missed that in recent months. Hoping it wont be months again before we get to do it again.
*Driving to Corvallis to have a fun bday lunch with Preston and Ceana to celebrate her bday. She got her very own birtday PITA party (vs "pity" party) - hahaha
*Sitting with kiddos on the floor/woodstove hearth while they sang "Happy Birthday" to Ceana and watched her open presents and blow out her one candle that we could find in the cupboard
*Watching and listening to Kaeli get all giddy and excited as she watched Ceana open her present. I think that the shopping for, the anticipating the opening of, and watching the opening of her gifts is Kaeli's favorite thing in the world. Kaeli is THE expert gift giver!
*Seeing the HUGE grin on Kelsianne's face as she tells me she has, again, successfully used the potty. She is rocking at things this week with no accidents and waking up dry from overnight sleeping 2 days in a row now. She is SOOO proud of herself and loves picking out which Dora or Tinkerbell underwear she wants each day.
*Listening to Kelsianne tell me about going to "big girl school" with her friend Trent. She went to her 1st day of preschool on Monday, and was terrified. She came home happy, though, and has talked non-stop about it since then. I am ever grateful to sweet friends in the ward who invited her to join their little group. Preschool is going to be wonderful for Kels and good for her to have something special of her very own to look forward to.
*Watching my kids ROCK at karate. They have learned, and are learning some pretty hard stuff these days. They all passed their most recent testing and all of them received new belts. It has been amazing for me to be able to go to class with them and watch each of them and admire the awesome skills they are learning.
*Enjoying a whole pint of Cookies & Cream ice cream all by myself. One of my tender mercies continues to be that I can eat just about anything right now. I have needed to regain and maintain my weight as I have been doing chemo. Thankfully, no foods seem to be off limits right now. It sure was fun to be able to enjoy something I havent had in a WAY long time.
*Going out in public, locally, and having business friends sincerely ask about me and why they havent seen me, and taking time to listen as I tell them about our adventures the last few months. It is nice to know that I have been missed and that others that I dont see as often sincerely are concerned about me.
*Going out in public and slowly starting to walk with my head up (vs staring at the ground thinking for sure that everyone is staring at me) Still going to be a work in progress.
*Listening to favorite country songs on the radio in the beast and thinking about music videos that go with them. Hearing new country songs that are going to become favorites ( "Life is not fair, it can kick you in the butt. You can just lay there, or you can get up. Walking is easy when the road is flat, but those danged hills will get you every time. The Lord gave us mountains so we could learn to climb") Have GOT to find out who sings this/what the title is...Seemed very appropriate to our life circumstances right now.
*Having an extra positive experience with Colton's new IEP team and having a very successful IEP meeting today via phone conference. It was amazing. We are ever sure that we are very blessed because of our choice of having the kids enrolled in ORCA.
*Will keep adding more to this list soon...stay tuned....
2 comments:
Smile ear to ear about the ice cream. Did you sit on the kitchen floor and dig in with a spoon? I hope you had some cookies to go along with the ice cream. And a small part of me hopes you remember the times we did this to work out what ever was going on back in the day.
I'm glad you have the two week vacation so you could remember what it is to be up and about. And to know that you will be this way again.
Love and wishing you well.
I love that you posted this wonderful list. I love that you've had these joyful moments lately, in the midst of all the tough parts! Bring on the joy! (Should we put that on a T-shirt?)
Post a Comment