Anyway, today was "interesting." I took Ceana with me to the office so she could have some final bit of quiet time to get school stuff done. It was my office's paid holiday, so almost nobody else was there. I'm wondering whether she is still mad at me for something over the weekend, as she hardly said two words all day. She even worked on math for a few hours and never asked a single question. Maybe that meant she got a lot done?
Sounded like things really melted down at home. Kids were on the rampage after I believed Colton when he told me Ceana had already given him his meds, but she hadn't. Rory was REALLY not doing well, so Kaeli had almost zero chance of getting any school done at all. Glad Caiden called me to check off some stuff. Had a couple of curve balls thrown our way with regards to outside help, but Rory took it all in stride and everything turned out fine. I even got the kids to karate on time. The ride home was a bit harrowing once Kelsianne decided to start belting out "Gloo-o-o-o-o-oooo-o-o-o-o-oooo-o-o-ooo-re-a" and got her brothers going too. I thought they would get tired of it after verse 10. Then I hoped they were done after verse 20. They took a 30-second break when we stopped at the post office, but picked it right back up again when we were rolling. "Angels We Have Heard on High" used to be one of my favorites before tonight.
Rory's not doing so great today. As she shuffled from the infusion office to the truck she put her typical positive spin on it, saying, "Imagine how much worse it would be if I hadn't come down today. At least I'm able to walk this time!"
Ceana's trying to keep way too many balls in the air. She goes from falling asleep in the middle of homework to staying up late at night worrying about others. Going to be an interesting few weeks from now to the end of the term.
Kaeli is going to be called on for a lot over the next few weeks around the house and neighborhood. So far she seems to be taking it all in stride, and I hope that continues for her.
I love each of these three women in my life so much, for everything they are going through. Wish I was better at showing and telling them.
No comments:
Post a Comment