Sunday, May 31, 2009

A COLLAGE OF ADVENTURES

The last couple of weeks have been busting at the seams with extra appointments and activities. I decided it might be easiest to just put them all in one place. Enjoy!

Preston took Caiden and Colton on the priesthood campout this weekend. This is the one pict that he took to show their camp set up. It sounds like they had tons of fun, and looked like it too since the boys came home filthy dirty and with huge smiles on their faces. The girls hosted a "girls'" night with their best friends and enjoyed having the whole house pretty much to themselves to cook and make treats and have movie-thons.

Monday was Memorial Day. Here in Indpendence they have an annual air show at our local airport. Preston took the 4 big kids and met our friends the Jeffries and the Weatherreds. It looks like Ceana had lots of fun with the camera -if you look carefully at this top pict you can see the reflections she caught on the side of the plane. There were serveral others she took that were very "fine art" kind of stuff. The girls are getting a good eye and lots of practice. It sounds like all the kids had a great time together too. There are always TONS of planes on display and this year they also had antique cars, and other extras they havent done before.




Preston was actually home for Memorial Day this year and wanted to be sure to take the kids to the ceremony at our local park. There used to be a covered wagon display on this corner and now there is a special memorial monument. This is the first time they have ever done something like this and it sounds like it was really nice. Preston wanted to make sure the kids' understood what Memorial Day is for, instead of just thinking of it as a day off to play. They enjoyed the whole day together and I think they learned alot too.



Last weekend our ward had their annual "sports & splash" BBQ. It got an extra small turnout with it being the Friday of the holiday break - but those families who did go had lots of fun. Preston took the 4 big kids with him and they helped and played and enjoyed eating lots of yummy food.

Just a small update on my appts. I went to a new dr appt this week and it seems like it might work ok. There were lots of ??? I felt like I couldnt answer, though, so I am going to have a friend help me brainstorm those answers for the next appt. The dr. was quiet and I felt like he really listened to me, even though I was struggling to try to explain or answer. I will prob have several appts in a row about every two weeks. The appts will include more labs, discussing natural herbs and things to try, massage therapy and actupunture (sp?). I am a bit nervous about that since I have never had it done before, but if it works and helps that is worth trying something new.
I continue to struggle with anything basic or difficult, and actually crashed again this week. All the non-sleep and extra traveling every day for appts completely wiped me out and I spent a scary day mostly flat down in our recliner chair, trying to find the strength and energy to care for me/little people's bare minimum needs. I am doing a bit better the last couple of days, but exhaustion seeems to be the theme of my life and it is really hampering any healing that we are trying to accomplish. We will just keep taking a day at a time, or less as needed, and I do what I can and try to let the rest go. The hardest thing for me right now is needing to keep adding childcare needs to our schedule - the more appts we add, the more I need help with kiddos. Thankfully school will be out next week and Kaeli will probably be more than happy to earn babysitting $. For now, though, it is a constant challenge, esp knowing how many appts there are in just the next 2 weeks again. Again, we will try to make things work and do the best we can even though things are so hard.
Look for more "collage" adventure posts as we continue through these last 2 weeks of school. There will be TONS going on and lots to tell about - stay tuned....


No comments: