This last week was full of more adventure than I have been able to handle well. Incredible experiences in recent weeks, that have not repeated this week, have left me feeling helpless in that I have been waiting for something to happen, something that is coming - except I dont know what that something is, or what my brain is thinking is going to happen.....
I feel like a heavy fog is sitting over me, blocking me from those experiences, and I am not sure what to do about it. My usual reaction is to get emotional and cry and feel guilty about needing help and the (self imposed most of the time) feeling I can never pay others back for their kindness or help...which has really overwhelmed me this last week. I can not fathom that service and friendship are given because others care about me and our family, always my brain says I am weak and I can never do enough to give back to those who have given to me/us.
I had the chance to chat with a good friend today who always has a different perspective and is never shy about giving me "homework" - although I am not always the best at doing it, it is a work in progress.
Today's homework is to start journaling all the little things that show that I am not alone, that I am loved, that I am getting stronger.....to look for the angels that are watching over us, esp right now with preston still away. To look for the tender mercies that might bring a smile or comfort or help that I, or the kiddos, are needing. So here is the start of my list - I will prob add extra posts in my "Take a Moment" link in the future....
Angels Who Have Been Sent This Week -
Wendy - she is my constant angel, just dont know what I would ever do without her
John & Aaron - giving me a blessing at the last minute to help with many current concerns, including a dumb kidney stone
Adam (neighbor across the street) - who was totally willing to help us "break into our own house" when our main way in (through the garage) decided to die and leave us locked out
Sheri (neighbor across the street) - who brought me a beautiful bouquet of Dalia's just because, and to give me something fun to photograph (we both share a love of photographing nature)
Jeffries Family - who came "en masse" bringing with them monster tools to help rescue a dog who got himself stuck under the deck. Who gave love and support, and found humor in a ridiculous situation. For always being willing to help our family, no matter what we may need. Who laugh and cry with us and never stop loving us
Ceana - who has been willing and able to help with kiddos, dogs, meals, the house, and whatever is needed - even when the schedule changes and she needs to babysit longer than expected because my appts go long or because I am not feeling well enough to help as much as I would like. She is patient and quietly serves with all her heart.
Tender Mercies -
Beets that taste yummy, when it is a constant battle to even eat because everything tastes yucky
Picking and eating blackberries right off the vine with a dear friend, and having those be yummy too
Watching Kels discover that she can make spit bubbles - BIG ones - and hearing her laugh when they pop. Trying to laugh when she gets those spit bubbles all over me and the furniture
Cooler weather
Having good doctors and nurses to care for me and our family (updated post coming soon about upcoming KS adventure #5)
Naps, sleep masks, and soothing music
Phone calls and emails from others checking on us while Preston is away
Hugs & kisses from little boys whenever I need to leave
Almost daily phone calls from Preston & the kids keeping me posted on their activites and letting me know that they are safe & happy
Changing seasons that bring beauty all year round, esp beautiful flowers and critters (bees, frogs, dragonflies, etc)
Sunflowers that are 1/2 as tall as house! on the other side of the fence to enjoy looking at every day
Scriptures that come to mind in whole or part, when I think I have forgotten everything...
Blogs (& email) to be able to keep a detailed family journal and keep others updated on our family and for us to keep updated on them
Listening/watching Kels literally jump up and down in her crib until it creaks ( I think it is just going to fall apart one of these days....she is VERY ready for her big bed, SOON)
Well, I guess this is a good list to start with. Hopefully I will keep adding to it over the next several weeks, esp knowing that we still have many challenges ahead of us.
1 comment:
love you mom!
Post a Comment