Monday, August 24, 2009

TIME TO TAKE IT ON - AGAIN

Just a quick update about my current health. Many of your know that I have battled with kidney stones most of my life now....As of my last labs, my #'s for amounts of oxalates and other internal stuff have actually doubled. Today at my dr appt I had another x-ray where we found good news and not-so-good news. The good news is that the stone that was giving me grief just a few days ago is no longer there, and the right kidney is free from stones. The not-so-good news is that the left still has several large stones, that have moved around inside, and with stone recent activity, my dr has recommended just going in after them. I have surgery scheduled in just a few weeks.

I will continue to keep working on my current supplements and diet and after surgery may also look at another med to help reduce my calcium levels to prevent future stones.

At this point, I will just be in holding pattern until we get details for surgery. Will keep everyone posted as I find out more

No comments: